Re: WEB cam software

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
      John,
      I am not sure what issues folks are having. As I stated, I am one of
      the lucky ones and the software that came with my Creative Cam works
      just fine. It uses the "remote monitoring" module of the software.
      I believe the issues that some are having is that some software
      creates temp file names for the.jpg images and WU was not accepting
      them, however Alan had stated that WU fixed that issue. Another issue
      is that WU will not accept any file size over I think 150kb, so this
      may also be an issue for some.
      I know that is not much help, perhaps some folks that are experiencing
      difficulties can list their specific issues for you.

      Steve
    • schaka1
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
        John, following up on Steve's post, I have been having intermittent
        problems having my post appear on the webcam site. I know the guys at
        WU are working their butts off to provide us the same reliable service
        with weather cam as with the other services they provide us.

        I believe it was John Celenza from WU who posted that the unexpected
        quick acceptance and rapid growth of this feature is one of the
        challenges they face. I cann't recall the exact numbers but it was a
        good deal more than what they expected!

        It would be great to have a dedicated weather cam software with FTP!
        Anything I can do to help, please feel free to ask.

        Just a note, I've used four (4) webcam software programs through the
        beta and now into the final usage phase of this feature. Aside from
        the issues that Steve rightly says are resolved, from a neophyte's
        perspective, it seems to be a timing/load issue. It could be a
        function of the rapid growth of the feature

        All four of those programs would show a successful upload. All would
        for a period of time display the uploaded Jpeg. Then the picture on
        the server side would stop being updated while all four(4) of my
        various software programs were showing successful uploads.

        The programs I have used are: Weather Display, Coffeecup Webcam,
        Where's James and Fwink

        <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        > John,
        > I am not sure what issues folks are having. As I stated, I am one of
        > the lucky ones and the software that came with my Creative Cam works
        > just fine. It uses the "remote monitoring" module of the software.
        > I believe the issues that some are having is that some software
        > creates temp file names for the.jpg images and WU was not accepting
        > them, however Alan had stated that WU fixed that issue. Another issue
        > is that WU will not accept any file size over I think 150kb, so this
        > may also be an issue for some.
        > I know that is not much help, perhaps some folks that are experiencing
        > difficulties can list their specific issues for you.
        >
        > Steve

      • Alan Steremberg
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
          We want this service to work with all webcam software.  We have a few more changes to put into the software to improve the performance.

          Alan

          --
          Alan Steremberg
          Weather Underground
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
            For a couple years I have been using webcamXP. It has many nice
            features, including live video streaming & sound, pan-tilt-zoom, and
            of course ftp. Having no probs running my live stream, and ftping a
            pic every minute to WU. Feel free to check it out:

            http://www.webcamxp.com/

            dan

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alan Steremberg"

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2007
              Dan,
              bet it's a lot cheaper now than when you bought it !!