Re: Lighting detect & Other instruments.

  • fikkaud
    Message 1 of 6 , May 27, 2007
      That Labjack sounds interesting. I'll have to look more into that
      later.
      However since I've ordered 1wire components I found a nice way of
      interfacing using a standalone Linksys storage server.
      http://oww.sourceforge.net/hardware.html#slug
      The NSLU has to be lobotomized by altering it's operating system,
      before it can act as a 1wire logger.
      It's a fact that windows support are poor for the 1wire system.
      This NSLU solution is appealing since it runs standalone. Any low
      spec PC with Linux will ofourse do the same job (for free). My
      outdated PC's are too old that I no longer trust'em. And for the
      single purpose of logging the 1wire network I find it's tempting
      solution for less than £50.

      I'll go ahead and start bidding on secondhand NSLUs, and see how it
      works out.

      When it comes to UVA-UVB sensors (which i really crave for) I'm
      hoping that it's as simple as replacing the sensor LED on the solar
      sensor with a UV type. But I'm experienced enough to be realistic
      about what I think should be easy, and what actually is.

      Audun
      http://vindkast.com