Re: Accuweather Lobbies Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa. to take NWS offline.

  • Miguel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2005
      I hope the NWS stays else, big money $$$ making companies will
      charge an arm and a leg for weather data....

      I heard the same thing with the local weatherman reporting the same
      thing,, that is why you need to let your state senator not to vote
      for that measure...

      Miguel

      <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

      > In case you have not heard about it, Accuweather is doing work in
      > Washington the old fashion way to prevent the National Weather
      Service
      > from making it's data available to the general public.
      >
      > If they get their way, you will be forced to get your weather
      > information through a pay-service.
      >
      > Please take the time to check out these links.

      http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/epaper/2005/04/21/m1a_
      wx_