Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Temperature ws-3600

  • Willie Wharton
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3 12:35 PM
      Thanks for all the input. Yes, the 100+ reading is on the LCD base station. I took the base station by itself and stuck it in my freezer on battery power. The temp fell to +25 over the true temp. When I took it out and let it warm up to the ambient room temp it still was +25. I did all of this in my garage with most AC power off. Although, the thermocouple is the key suspect, the unit was not dropped and had been working fine (except for all the other epistemic problems). I probably just need to send it in under warrenty. Any input on warrenty claim success/failure.

      Thanks,
      Willie

      wuhu_software wrote:

      Steve,

      Although I would lean toward that as well... I am not convinced of it
      yet. It has been my experience that when a thermocouple fails, it
      will not work sometimes and not at others.

      I guess that is the question, how frequently do the errors occur?

      It could be external noise generated by something nearby (cell phones
      created a tremendous amount of noise) or perhaps some type of ground-
      feedback issue. It could be even noise between the PC and the unit
      that is affecting the WS.

      I have been looking in to a noise issue on the WS2310, it may also
      apply to the other stations. This noise could corrupt not only
      external sensor data but external ones as well.

      I am looking for anyone with an oscilliscope and some free time to
      verify my findings.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stevech" <stevech@...>

    • stevech@san.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3 12:46 PM

        I sent mine back because the LCD contrast is so poor as to be unusable IMO.

        They returned it: no trouble found (not surprisingly).

        > Thanks for all the input. Yes, the 100+ reading is on the LCD base
        > station. I took the base station by itself and stuck it in my
        > freezer on
        > battery power. The temp fell to +25 over the true temp. When I
        > took it
        > out and let it warm up to the ambient room temp it still was +25.
        > I did
        > all of this in my garage with most AC power off. Although, the
        > thermocouple is the key suspect, the unit was not dropped and had
        > been
        > working fine (except for all the other epistemic problems). I
        > probably
        > just need to send it in under warrenty. Any input on warrenty
        > claim
        > success/failure.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Willie
        >
        > wuhu_software wrote:
        >

        > > Steve,
        > >
        > > Although I would lean toward that as well... I am not convinced
        > of it
        > > yet. It has been my experience t!
        hat when
      • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3 12:54 PM

          When I initially set mine up the wind sensor did not register.  Had to send the thermo/hygro unit and wind sensor back.  Wind sensor was fine thermo/hygro unit was defective.  They sent them back and my 2308 has been working pretty well.  Right now we have rain, but because of the frozen precip we are not getting precip readings other than 0.  I am going out with a bit of hot water to thaw the thing out to see what happens.