Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Temperature ws-3600

  • stevech@san.rr.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006

      My 3600 sits a 3 ft. from cordless phones, where I use my cell phone, PC. Never had glitch in temperature readings. There are problems with noise on the unshielded phone-cord-type wire from the outdoor temperature sensor to the anemometer, and perhaps on the optional hardwired-option for the PC connection. These seem to glitch windspeed data most often. Some have cured this by rewiring to use shielded cable.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006
        Thanks for all the input. Yes, the 100+ reading is on the LCD base station. I took the base station by itself and stuck it in my freezer on battery power. The temp fell to +25 over the true temp. When I took it out and let it warm up to the ambient room temp it still was +25. I did all of this in my garage with most AC power off. Although, the thermocouple is the key suspect, the unit was not dropped and had been working fine (except for all the other epistemic problems). I probably just need to send it in under warrenty. Any input on warrenty claim success/failure.

        Thanks,
        Willie

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stevech" <stevech@...>

      • stevech@san.rr.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006

          I sent mine back because the LCD contrast is so poor as to be unusable IMO.

          They returned it: no trouble found (not surprisingly).

          > Thanks for all the input. Yes, the 100+ reading is on the LCD base
          > station. I took the base station by itself and stuck it in my
          > freezer on
          > battery power. The temp fell to +25 over the true temp. When I
          > took it
          > out and let it warm up to the ambient room temp it still was +25.
          > I did
          > all of this in my garage with most AC power off. Although, the
          > thermocouple is the key suspect, the unit was not dropped and had
          > been
          > working fine (except for all the other epistemic problems). I
          > probably
          > just need to send it in under warrenty. Any input on warrenty
          > claim
          > success/failure.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Willie
          >
          > wuhu_software wrote:
          >

          > > Steve,
          > >
          > > Although I would lean toward that as well... I am not convinced
          > of it
          > > yet. It has been my experience t!
          hat when
        • Jeffrey C. Le Doux
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2006

            When I initially set mine up the wind sensor did not register.  Had to send the thermo/hygro unit and wind sensor back.  Wind sensor was fine thermo/hygro unit was defective.  They sent them back and my 2308 has been working pretty well.  Right now we have rain, but because of the frozen precip we are not getting precip readings other than 0.  I am going out with a bit of hot water to thaw the thing out to see what happens.