Re: Watchdog for Heavyweather.

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      Are you using Heavyweather Pro?

      You may need to edit the watchdog.cmd file if so...

      In watchdog.cmd, find the line:

      pskill.exe "heavy weather.e"

      Look in your task list for the Heavyweather pro process name. Hit
      Control-Alt-Del, then hit the Task Manager button. Click
      the 'processes' tab to get a list of the running programs.

      The name may be clipped... for instance, in the case of beta 2.0, the
      extension is clipped (supposed to be .exe, clipped to .e).

      So if you can tell me the name of the process, I can modify the batch
      file for other users.

      Let me know.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony McGee"
      <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

      > Wed 02/01/2006
      > 10:55 PM
      > .
      > waiting for 2 minutes.
      > .
      > .
      > . wait done, checking currdat.lst
      > .
      > .
      > Wed 02/01/2006
      > 10:57 PM
      > .
      > the files are the same, terminating heavyweather.exe...
      > .
      >
      > PsKill v1.11 - Terminates processes on local or remote systems
      > Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Mark Russinovich
      > Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
      >
      > Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:
      > Process does not exist.
      > .
      > termination of heavyweather.exe completed, starting a new
      > heavyweather.exe
      > .
      > .
      > startup of new heavyweather.exe completed.
      >

      > Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:<<<<<<<<<<<<is this an error?
      > Process does not exist.

    • Tony McGee
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
        I am using beta 2.0. I did go in and change it to heavy weather.exe.
        After that it worked flawlessly...the extension wasn't clipped in Task
        Manager.
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
          Interesting, are you using XP?

          I am using 2000.

          When using 2000, "heavy weather.e" is needed as the process name.

          Thanks.

          <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

          > I am using beta 2.0. I did go in and change it to heavy weather.exe.
          > After that it worked flawlessly...the extension wasn't clipped in
          Task
          > Manager.

        • Tony McGee
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
            Yes, I am using XP. Also...i have had no downtime since last night, I
            think this is the first time I've had it run continuously for that
            long...seems to be working great. Thank you for solving my problem.
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
              Sounds good.

              Let me know if it continues to work.

              Thanks.

              <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

              > Yes, I am using XP. Also...i have had no downtime since last night, I
              > think this is the first time I've had it run continuously for that
              > long...seems to be working great. Thank you for solving my problem.

            • Brian Harris
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                Watchdog is working great on my machine also. Solved my problem on
                HeavyWeather graying out!!

                Thanks Again!