Re: Watchdog for Heavyweather.

  • Tony McGee
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      Wed 02/01/2006
      10:55 PM
      .
      waiting for 2 minutes.
      .
      . wait done, checking currdat.lst
      .
      Wed 02/01/2006
      10:57 PM
      .
      the files are the same, terminating heavyweather.exe...
      .

      PsKill v1.11 - Terminates processes on local or remote systems
      Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Mark Russinovich
      Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

      Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:
      Process does not exist.
      .
      termination of heavyweather.exe completed, starting a new
      heavyweather.exe
      .
      .
      startup of new heavyweather.exe completed.

      Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:<<<<<<<<<<<<is this an error?
      Process does not exist.
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
        Are you using Heavyweather Pro?

        You may need to edit the watchdog.cmd file if so...

        In watchdog.cmd, find the line:

        pskill.exe "heavy weather.e"

        Look in your task list for the Heavyweather pro process name. Hit
        Control-Alt-Del, then hit the Task Manager button. Click
        the 'processes' tab to get a list of the running programs.

        The name may be clipped... for instance, in the case of beta 2.0, the
        extension is clipped (supposed to be .exe, clipped to .e).

        So if you can tell me the name of the process, I can modify the batch
        file for other users.

        Let me know.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tony McGee"
        <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

        > Wed 02/01/2006
        > 10:55 PM
        > .
        > waiting for 2 minutes.
        > .
        > .
        > . wait done, checking currdat.lst
        > .
        > .
        > Wed 02/01/2006
        > 10:57 PM
        > .
        > the files are the same, terminating heavyweather.exe...
        > .
        >
        > PsKill v1.11 - Terminates processes on local or remote systems
        > Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Mark Russinovich
        > Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
        >
        > Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:
        > Process does not exist.
        > .
        > termination of heavyweather.exe completed, starting a new
        > heavyweather.exe
        > .
        > .
        > startup of new heavyweather.exe completed.
        >

        > Unable to kill process heavy weather.e:<<<<<<<<<<<<is this an error?
        > Process does not exist.

      • Tony McGee
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
          I am using beta 2.0. I did go in and change it to heavy weather.exe.
          After that it worked flawlessly...the extension wasn't clipped in Task
          Manager.
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
            Interesting, are you using XP?

            I am using 2000.

            When using 2000, "heavy weather.e" is needed as the process name.

            Thanks.

            <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

            > I am using beta 2.0. I did go in and change it to heavy weather.exe.
            > After that it worked flawlessly...the extension wasn't clipped in
            Task
            > Manager.

          • Tony McGee
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
              Yes, I am using XP. Also...i have had no downtime since last night, I
              think this is the first time I've had it run continuously for that
              long...seems to be working great. Thank you for solving my problem.
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                Sounds good.

                Let me know if it continues to work.

                Thanks.

                <letitsnow824@...> wrote:

                > Yes, I am using XP. Also...i have had no downtime since last night, I
                > think this is the first time I've had it run continuously for that
                > long...seems to be working great. Thank you for solving my problem.

              • Brian Harris
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Watchdog is working great on my machine also. Solved my problem on
                  HeavyWeather graying out!!

                  Thanks Again!