Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Run WUHU as a Service..

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27 8:20 AM
      John Liss sat down at the console on 4/27/2007 8:58 AM and madly banged out:
      john_r_ireland sat down at the console on 4/27/2007 2:22 AM and madly banged out:
      Hi John,
      WUHUService works great for me but has some minor issues that you
      could advise me on please:
      1. The first person to log in to my PC after a boot always gets the
      heavy weather updater window on their desktop - if its my wife or kids
      then they kill it - is there any way to startup the service with a
      minimised display?
      2. The service registers Ok but won't start if there are any spaces in
      the pathname of the service e.g "C:\my wuhu\wuhuservice.exe" (I
      suspect this is a windows bug). Solution is to ensure no spaces in the
      pathname!
      3. If WUHU is running as a service, how do I open it for maintenance,
      changing settings etc?

      Hey John / Group,

      #1)  WUHU popups up upon login, This is a known bug for the serviceinstaller.exe Not a big whoop though.  (One of those things where I just need to get back and fix it, it is just a switch in the code.)

      Work around: open the services (start -> run -> services.msc) open the properties of the WUHUService and check the properties on the WUHUService.  Make sure that the "Allow service to interact with desktop" is turned off. (unchecked)  Let me know if it takes care of it.
      The serviceinstaller.exe (1.0.0.2) has been updated so it doesn't install with Interact with desktop turned on by default.
      http://www.lissproductions.com/software/files/wuhuservice.zip