Re: Discrepancy in total rainfall

  • Ron Wayman
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2006
      Wuhu_software,

      I'm not sure what the time interval was set for, I had been playing
      around with the settings.

      The final total from WU recorded was 1.0 inches of precipation and
      my record from HW is .69 inches of rain.

      I cleared the rain counter today and have WU set for 300 seconds,
      I'll see what happens this month??

      Thanks,

      Ron
      __________________________________

      > Ron,
      >
      > Of those recordings, were they 5 minutes in duration?
      >
      > The frequency that you report to WU will affect the calculation.
      >
      > Since we only make one report for 5 minutes, you might have
      > had .01, .01, .01, .01, .04 if it was sampled every minute.
      However,
      > it may have uploaded a single .04 reading (the last reading).
      >
      > Remember, it is rate per hour reading, that rate can change minute
      by
      > minute. At least that is how I understand it.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Wayman"
      > <jeffrondee@n...> wrote:

      > > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Ron,
      > > >
      > > > I would compare the history on WU by viewing "Last Month" on
      your
      > > > history screen.
      > > >
      > > > If you then select those days where it did rain, and the
      duration
      > > of
      > > > the rain fall compared with the rate, you should be able to
      > > roughly
      > > > estimate if the WU history is correct or not.
      > > >
      > > > One possibility is that a transmission error occurred between
      the
      > > > rain collector and the console. When this happens,
      Heavyweather