Accuweather Lobbies Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa. to take NWS offline.

    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2005
      In case you have not heard about it, Accuweather is doing work in
      Washington the old fashion way to prevent the National Weather Service
      from making it's data available to the general public.

      If they get their way, you will be forced to get your weather
      information through a pay-service.

      Please take the time to check out these links.

      http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/epaper/2005/04/21/m1a_wx_
      0421.html

      Blog at Weather Underground:

      http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?
      entrynum=4&tstamp=200505#commenttop
    • Miguel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2005
        I hope the NWS stays else, big money $$$ making companies will
        charge an arm and a leg for weather data....

        I heard the same thing with the local weatherman reporting the same
        thing,, that is why you need to let your state senator not to vote
        for that measure...

        Miguel