HW Still not uploading

  • Tony McGee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
      A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was having trouble getting
      Heavyweather to display my data. I was using a Serial to USB adapter.
      After switching the station to a computer with a serial port (running
      XP SP2), shutting off all programs that mght cause interference, and
      making sure that the port selected matched up with the port the cable
      was plugged in to, I am stil have problems. The really strange thing
      is that it DOES work very sporadically. For example: I plugged it in
      this morning and got no uploads until about 5:00 this evening. By
      5:15, it failed. Keep in mind that I am not using the computer that it
      is hooked uo to and power mode is always on/no standby. There really
      were no changes to the system at any point. I know that it had worked
      because rather than having greyed out boxes with hyphens, the boxes
      were grayed out with the numbers displayed (not current, however). If
      it can work for 10 minutes I do not understand why it can not work the
      whole time when the system ws not being used by anyone or anything all
      day. Does anyone have any ideas???
    • Brian Harris
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
        Mine does the same thing and I have yet to figure it out. You can just
        restart your computer and it will start working again. Sometimes you
        have to restart multiple times before it will work. Let me know if you
        find a solution and I will let you know if I hear of anything.

        Brian Harris