WUHU and rain rate on Wunderground

  • John Celenza
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2007
      Hello Folks,

      Does anyone know if rain rate is possibly broken when being reported to Weather Underground.

      We have a station owner who reports his daily rainfall correctly, but never reports a rain rate:
      http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KINREMIN3&day=3&year=2007&month=4

      Is his version of the uploader old maybe? WUHU214VWC

      Thanks for any advice!

      -John

      John Celenza
      Director of Weather Technology
      Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
      FAX   (415) 543-5044
      john@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2007
        John,

        They appear to be using the Virtual Weather Station, comma delimited
        input method (maybe the first to do so).

        Although I tested it briefly, the rain data collection must not be
        implemented correctly. I will have a look at it tomorrow.

        Do you know if they belong to this Yahoo group?

        I might need to test with them.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Celenza"
        <john.celenza@...> wrote:

        > Hello Folks,
        >
        > Does anyone know if rain rate is possibly broken when being
        reported to
        > Weather Underground.
        >
        > We have a station owner who reports his daily rainfall correctly,
        but never
        > reports a rain rate:
        > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
        ID=KINREMIN3&day=3&year=2007&month=4

        > Is his version of the uploader old maybe? WUHU214VWC
        >
        > Thanks for any advice!
        >
        > -John
        >
        > --
        > John Celenza
        > Director of Weather Technology
        > Phone (415) 543-5022 x105
        > FAX (415) 543-5044
        > john@...

      • John Celenza
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2007
          I'll help him get on the group :-) Thanks!
          -John