Re: Net 2.0 runtime error

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007

      It appears that wxmcli.exe is the application Wxmsg.

      As you mention the real problem is in the sliplsp.dll (slip stream web accelerator by Slipstream Data Inc).

      There are a list of applications that apparently install this web accelerator:

      http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/sliplsp.dll.php

      In the list, there is only one that is spyware:

      [%PROGRAM_FILES%]\webhancer\programs\

      Make sure this "Webhancher" did not get installed on your computer. I have seen this garbage installed on my machine in the past.

      Threat Name: WEBHANCER

      foistware - traffic measurement service that uses a client agent that is stealth installed on user machines gathering detailed data about sites visited\, their performance and most important what the user actually does

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "archangel_cpj" <archangel_cpj@...> wrote:

      > Keep getting this error
      > Faulting application wxmcli.exe, version 3.1.2648.23337, stamp
      > 46116b0b, faulting module sliplsp.dll, version 0.0.0.0, stamp
      > 3f9d9027, debug? 0, fault address 0x000041ad.
      >
      > anyone have a fix or know what program would have messed up my
      > sliplsp.dll

    • archangel_cpj
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
        ---What should I use to clean er out???

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          First determine whether Webhancer is installed.

          See if the following folder exists:

          C:\Program files\webhancer\programs\

          If it does, then you can seek out a cleaner that will remove it.

          If Webhancer is not the culprit, scan the list of programs in this
          list to see what is installed (use scroll bar on page):

          http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/sliplsp.dll.php

          There appears to be several applications that install this web
          accelerator, everything from the NetZero ISP to Zone Alarm, and also
          the garbage/spyware Webhancer.

          Are you on a dial-up Internet connection?