Net 2.0 runtime error

  • archangel_cpj
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
      Keep getting this error
      Faulting application wxmcli.exe, version 3.1.2648.23337, stamp
      46116b0b, faulting module sliplsp.dll, version 0.0.0.0, stamp
      3f9d9027, debug? 0, fault address 0x000041ad.

      anyone have a fix or know what program would have messed up my
      sliplsp.dll
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007

        It appears that wxmcli.exe is the application Wxmsg.

        As you mention the real problem is in the sliplsp.dll (slip stream web accelerator by Slipstream Data Inc).

        There are a list of applications that apparently install this web accelerator:

        http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/sliplsp.dll.php

        In the list, there is only one that is spyware:

        [%PROGRAM_FILES%]\webhancer\programs\

        Make sure this "Webhancher" did not get installed on your computer. I have seen this garbage installed on my machine in the past.

        Threat Name: WEBHANCER

        foistware - traffic measurement service that uses a client agent that is stealth installed on user machines gathering detailed data about sites visited\, their performance and most important what the user actually does

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "archangel_cpj" <archangel_cpj@...> wrote:

        > Keep getting this error
        > Faulting application wxmcli.exe, version 3.1.2648.23337, stamp
        > 46116b0b, faulting module sliplsp.dll, version 0.0.0.0, stamp
        > 3f9d9027, debug? 0, fault address 0x000041ad.
        >
        > anyone have a fix or know what program would have messed up my
        > sliplsp.dll

      • archangel_cpj
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
          ---What should I use to clean er out???

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2007
            First determine whether Webhancer is installed.

            See if the following folder exists:

            C:\Program files\webhancer\programs\

            If it does, then you can seek out a cleaner that will remove it.

            If Webhancer is not the culprit, scan the list of programs in this
            list to see what is installed (use scroll bar on page):

            http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/sliplsp.dll.php

            There appears to be several applications that install this web
            accelerator, everything from the NetZero ISP to Zone Alarm, and also
            the garbage/spyware Webhancer.

            Are you on a dial-up Internet connection?