Re: Idea...

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2007
      Karl,

      I agree something should be done in that area, it is a little ugly. I
      will give it some thought. These variables will not be present in
      stations like the WMR-968 so that must be taken in to consideration.
      For now, the software will display zeros for these fields if a WMR-
      968 is used.

      For the La Crosse models, storm alert, pressure rising, and pressure
      falling are all returned by the console. 0 = Off, 1 = On. These
      values are also written to currdat.lst if Heavyweather is used.

      In the console setup, you can specify a couple of settings related to
      this data.

      For storm alert, you can specify a pressure decrease range:

      From the manual:

      Storm warning sensitivity setting 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 29 inHg
      (default 9 inHg). Should the air pressure drop equal or below the pre-
      set inHg value within the last 6 hour period, then the downward
      tendency arrow will flash as an indication of possible storm. The
      base station will take hourly measurements as a point of reference.
      The storm-warning indicator will stop flashing once the air pressure
      becomes more stable.

      The pressure rising and falling are affected by the pressure
      sensitivity setting.

      From the manual:

      Notes to hPa sensitivity setting for weather forecasting: The hPa
      (Hekto-Pascal) pressure sensitivity can be set to suit the user's
      requirement for weather forecasting from 6 inHg, 9 inHg to 12 inHg
      (see Basic Programming below). For areas that experience frequent
      changes in air pressure (which does not necessarily reflect a change
      in the weather) requires a higher inHg setting compared to an area
      where the air pressure is stagnant. For example if 6 inHg is
      selected, then there must be a fall or rise in air pressure of at
      least 6 inHg before the weather station will register this as a
      change in weather.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Karl Kingston
      <kkingsto@...> wrote:

      > hey WUHU!
      >
      > Just got the latest refresh and still working GREAT with my setup!
      >
      > Was just looking at the main screen and remembering you saying
      something
      > about the screen getting a little cluttered. This gave me an idea:
      >
      > Upper left corner (on mine) you have:
      >
      > Storm Alert 0 Pressure Raising 0 Pressuer Falling 1
      >
      > Can you make this a dynamic field. So, if you have a Storm Alert,
      the
      > words "Storm Alert" will be visible (and RED) (how does the Storm
      Alert
      > work anyway?). If there's no Alert, nothing is displayed.
      >
      > And the Pressure Raising/Falling could be done as "Pressure
      Raising" or
      > "Pressure Falling" Heck, turn that into an icon. Show a "Sun"
      when
      > Pressure's raising and show a cloud/lightning bolt when falling.
      Might