Beta Testers Wanted, WS2310-2315, Wired Mode Only.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2006
      All,

      I have implemented direct serial communication for the WS2310 units
      by borrowing from Kevin Lavrsen's open2300 project located here:

      Although the response from the unit can be variable at times, I would
      guess the response time for polling all of the weather data is about
      4-5 seconds on average.

      The direct serial communications will probably only benefit those
      using wired mode. Due to the slow update times in wireless mode, you
      would be better off sticking to the currdat.lst update method.

      If you choose to update in Weather Underground real time mode, beware
      that your historic data on WU might not be saved properly. If you are
      concerned about your history at WU, do not use real time mode until
      it is fully tested.

      You can use the direct serial updates without enabling the WU real
      time updates. In this case, you will probably have more accurate wind
      gust data as the data is collected approximately ever 5 seconds from
      the unit (rather than the 1 minute updates from Heavyweather).

      The test version of code is version 145 and is available at the
      software download page:

      http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/