Re: WS2310 History.dat File Format Documentation? Or Data Stream Docs?

  • jjantti2
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2006
      <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

      > There is a group in France that has created a project called
      > open3600 for the WS36xx models. I am not sure, but I believe they
      > can talk to the units. If you search the open2300 group messages
      > for open3600, I think there is a link to the group.

      The Open3600 project can be found from the link below:
      http://open3600.fast-mail.nl/tiki-index.php

      Although it's an alternative (or a replacement, take your pick) for
      HeavyWeather and HeavyWeather Publisher, getting it up and running
      evolves a lot of work and is definitely NOT RECOMMENDED for anyone
      who's know-how is limited to running programs in "set and forget"
      manner. The Open3600 is actually a port from a Linux program, that in
      turn is a modified version of the Open2300. Open3600 is actually a
      modular program package consisting of many different types of programs
      to command and control the WS3600. The operational differences between
      Open3600 and HeavyWeather is that you can have total control over the
      display unit like turning on the backlight among things. Open3600 has
      the same feature built in as WUHU; it can upload weather data to WU
      and CWOP.

      However, the programs should not be installed without first thinking
      the process through many times. The author gives a fair warning that
      careless fiddling around with program parameters can cause
      irreversible firmware-level damage to the WS3600 display unit and
      warranty will not cover it.

      I encourage people with enough knowledge to try it. Just be careful -
      with an extra being added in front, if you decide to give it a try on
      a weather station with warranty still valid.

      Best Regards,
      Juha
      WU : IUUSIMAA2
      CWOP: CW4473