Re: [wuhu_software_group] Air pressure

  • Peter Tattersall
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2007
      Absolute air pressure is the air pressure as measured. The relative
      air pressure is that pressure adjusted for height above sea level,
      temperature, humidity, and so on, so that it is (supposedly) the
      pressure you would have measured if you were at sea level. The
      wikipedia article under "Atmospheric pressure" gives a lot of detail
      about the way the absolute pressure is adjusted to give relative
      pressure, but as far as I can tell for most (all?) consumer-grade
      weather stations the conversion is simply an offset from the absolute
      pressure.

      On 25-Mar-07, at 1:31 PM, plasmaboy3 wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me the difference between relative air pressure and
      > absolute air pressure? I think that I understand that the absolute
      > pressure is measured in reference to sea level, but how is the
      > relative pressure calculated?
      >
      > Peter

      Peter Tattersall
      http://www.zerobyzero.ca/Starstruck/
      A society in which consumption has to be artificially stimulated in
      order to keep production going is a society founded on trash and
      waste, and such a society is a house built upon sand.
      -- Dorothy L. Sayers