La Crosse WS-3610 problems with HeavyWeatherPro and Ambient VWS

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2007
      All - I ran a La Crosse WS-2310 for years connected to a PC with
      HeavyWeatherBeta, Publisher, and Ambient VWS uploading to an ftp
      server to my home page (http://members.cox.net/n0nbh)without a
      problem. I recently upgraded to a WS-3610 with
      HeavyWeatherPro,Publisher, and Ambient VWS and have had nothing but
      problems. Seems the WS-3610 will work OK direct to VWS - but quits
      communicating after about 12 hours on HeavyWeatherPro. It justs quits
      talking to the computer. I close and reopen HeavyWeatherPro and it
      will not talk to the WS-3610 unless I physically change serial ports
      on the computer and remap in the software. And no - I dont use a USB
      to serial adapter (I have the PCI serial card), and no, I am not
      using Windows Vista (I use XP home Edition).

      Additional problems included HWPro CPU usage of 99% every 10 seconds
      for 2-5 seconds (quite the CPU hog), and sporadic (-40deg) posts to
      my VWS software.

      I have developed a detailed, easy to follow procedure that allows you
      to substitute WUHU for the HeavyWeatherPro Software. If you have
      experienced these type of problems, you can download this procedure
      from the links section of this group and give it a try (it sure
      worked for me). After using WUHU in lieu of HWPro, my communications
      are solid, CPU usage is 10-20% peak, the VWS readings are also solid,
      and there's one less application running!

      Hope this helps those of you with similar problems. 73 de Paul
      N0NBH/AS557