Absolute air pressure error

  • plasmaboy3
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 14 3:32 PM
      I get these errors in the WUHU logo quite often;

      Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11
      InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
      Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11
      InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have
      you set up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station
      user's manual.

      What does this mean?

      Pete
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 14 5:06 PM
        Somehow the console reported 328.11 InHg, which is impossible.

        Are you running Heavyweather?

        More than likely it was noise, Heavyweather wrote bogus data to
        currdat.lst.

        The bad readings were rejected by WUHU.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@...>
        wrote:

        > I get these errors in the WUHU logo quite often;
        >
        > Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11
        > InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
        > Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11
        > InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users,
        have
        > you set up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station
        > user's manual.
        >
        > What does this mean?
        >
        > Pete

      • plasmaboy3
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 14 8:13 PM
          Running WUHU 214. That is it. Could it be a sensor problem or maybe a
          console problem?

          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 15 5:06 AM
            Pete,

            Do you have a WS-36XX or a WS-23XX?

            I am assuming you have set the relative pressure since installation
            correct? We have seen that the WS-23XX freaks out if the relative and
            absolute pressures are nearly the same.

            The pressure sensor is located inside the console, so for the most
            part, that should rule out noise.

            Let me know which station type of you have and we can go from there.

            wrote:

            > Running WUHU 214. That is it. Could it be a sensor problem or maybe
            > console problem?
            >
            > Pete

            > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Somehow the console reported 328.11 InHg, which is impossible.
            > >
            > > Are you running Heavyweather?
            > >
            > > More than likely it was noise, Heavyweather wrote bogus data to
            > > currdat.lst.
            > >
            > > The bad readings were rejected by WUHU.
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I get these errors in the WUHU logo quite often;
            > > >
            > > > Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of
            328.11
            > > > InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
            > > > Wed Mar 14 02:47:44 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of
            328.11
            > > > InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users,
            > > have
            > > > you set up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station
            > > > user's manual.
            > > >
            > > > What does this mean?
            > > >
            > > > Pete

          • plasmaboy3
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 15 5:46 AM
              I have a 3610 and you are correct, I have set the relative pressure.

              Pete

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 15 6:34 AM
                Are you running in direct serial mode or are you running HW Pro?

                It was probably just a fluke reading.

                If you are in direct serial mode, I will look in to the code to see
                what the bit pattern returned from the stations was.

                Thanks.

                wrote:

                > I have a 3610 and you are correct, I have set the relative pressure.
                >
                > Pete

                > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Pete,
                > >
                > > Do you have a WS-36XX or a WS-23XX?
                > >
                > > I am assuming you have set the relative pressure since
                installation
                > > correct? We have seen that the WS-23XX freaks out if the relative
                and
                > > absolute pressures are nearly the same.
                > >
                > > The pressure sensor is located inside the console, so for the most
                > > part, that should rule out noise.
                > >
                > > Let me know which station type of you have and we can go from
                there.

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Running WUHU 214. That is it. Could it be a sensor problem or
                maybe
                > > > console problem?
                > > >
                > > > Pete

                > > 328.11
                > > 328.11

              • plasmaboy3
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 15 8:44 AM
                  I am running in direct serial mode. I get this message several times a
                  week. I was even getting it when I was running HW pro with WUHU.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 15 10:38 AM
                    That is odd as it has not been reported by others before. That being
                    the case, it would seem to be unique to your setup (console).

                    Doing the conversion from 328.11 InhHg back to HPa, the station was
                    reporting 11111.1 Hpa. That seems like more than a coincidence. It
                    would appear to be some kind of default value for an invalid pressure
                    readings.

                    What is also interesting is that it was reported as both the relative
                    an absolute pressure.

                    Both values are read twice from the console to ensure that the data
                    is being reported correctly.

                    Since it has no effect to your upload or history, I would not be
                    concerned.

                    If the frequency of the problem increases, we can deal with it then.

                    wrote:

                    > I am running in direct serial mode. I get this message several
                    times a
                    > week. I was even getting it when I was running HW pro with WUHU.
                    >
                    > Pete

                    > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Are you running in direct serial mode or are you running HW Pro?
                    > >
                    > > It was probably just a fluke reading.
                    > >
                    > > If you are in direct serial mode, I will look in to the code to
                    see
                    > > what the bit pattern returned from the stations was.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks.
                    > >

                    > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I have a 3610 and you are correct, I have set the relative
                    pressure.

                    > > > Pete

                    > > installation
                    > > and

                    > > there.

                    > > maybe

                    > > pjweix@

                    > > users,
                    > > station

                  • plasmaboy3
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 15 5:15 PM
                      So far today after I installed WUHU 215, I have gotten no errors.

                      I'll keep watching and let you know the frequency of error reporting.

                    • plasmaboy3
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 16 6:12 AM
                        This is what my error log looked like this morning.

                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:28 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:28 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:28 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:33 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:33 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:33 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:38 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:38 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:38 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:43 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:43 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:11:43 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:27 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:27 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:27 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:32 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:32 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:32 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:37 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:37 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:37 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                        automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11 InHg
                        detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have you set
                        up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's manual.
                        Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > One or more data items could not be

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 16 7:11 AM
                          Pete,

                          That is interesting. As far as I know no one else is seeing this
                          problem.

                          Is this a new console?

                          Also, how close is absolute pressure to relative pressure Inhg?

                          Thanks.

                          wrote:

> [...]
                          being
                          > > > the case, it would seem to be unique to your setup (console).
                          > > >
                          > > > Doing the conversion from 328.11 InhHg back to HPa, the station
                          was
                          > > > reporting 11111.1 Hpa. That seems like more than a coincidence.
                          It
                          > > > would appear to be some kind of default value for an invalid
                          > pressure
                          > > > readings.
                          > > >
                          > > > What is also interesting is that it was reported as both the
                          > relative
                          > > > an absolute pressure.
                          > > >
                          > > > Both values are read twice from the console to ensure that the
                          data
                          > > > is being reported correctly.
                          > > >
                          > > > Since it has no effect to your upload or history, I would not be
                          > > > concerned.
                          > > >
                          > > > If the frequency of the problem increases, we can deal with it

                        • plasmaboy3
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 16 4:39 PM
                            I bought this new and have had it set up now and running for about a
                            month. The absoulte is 29.23 and relative is 30.27

                            Pete

> [...]
                            > > Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11
                            > InHg
                            > > detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                            > > Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11
                            > InHg
                            > > detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have
                            > you set
                            > > up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station user's
                            > manual.
                            > > Fri Mar 16 02:39:42 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                            > > automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.
                            > >

                            > > Pete
                            > >

                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > So far today after I installed WUHU 215, I have gotten no errors.
                            > > >
                            > > > I'll keep watching and let you know the frequency of error

                          • plasmaboy3
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 16 7:19 PM
                              Not completely understanding how they interact with each other as far as
                              code writing goes, my relative pressure was off by .02 inhg

                              Pete

                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 17 5:55 AM
                                Pete,

                                The reason I was wondering about how close the absolute and relative
                                pressure was is that on the WS-23XX there have been problems when the
                                difference is small. Usually this can only happen if the pressure was
                                not set initially but may happen at higher altitudes as well.

                                In your situation that does not appear to be the case.

                                Thanks.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 25 12:42 PM
                                  Was poking around on the net and found another WS-36XX user that
                                  reported the occasional 11111.1 hpa readings so that would suggest
                                  there other consoles out there that have this issue.

                                  http://davep-wx.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html

                                  > That is odd as it has not been reported by others before. That
                                  being
                                  > the case, it would seem to be unique to your setup (console).
                                  >
                                  > Doing the conversion from 328.11 InhHg back to HPa, the station was
                                  > reporting 11111.1 Hpa. That seems like more than a coincidence. It
                                  > would appear to be some kind of default value for an invalid
                                  pressure
                                  > readings.
                                  >
                                  > What is also interesting is that it was reported as both the
                                  relative
                                  > an absolute pressure.
                                  >
                                  > Both values are read twice from the console to ensure that the data
                                  > is being reported correctly.
                                  >
                                  > Since it has no effect to your upload or history, I would not be
                                  > concerned.
                                  >
                                  > If the frequency of the problem increases, we can deal with it then.
                                  >

                                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" <pjweix@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I am running in direct serial mode. I get this message several
                                  > times a
                                  > > week. I was even getting it when I was running HW pro with WUHU.
                                  > >
                                  > > Pete

                                  > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
                                  > > >

                                  > > > Are you running in direct serial mode or are you running HW Pro?
                                  > > >
                                  > > > It was probably just a fluke reading.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > If you are in direct serial mode, I will look in to the code to
                                  > see
                                  > > > what the bit pattern returned from the stations was.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thanks.
                                  > > >

                                  > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "plasmaboy3" pjweix@

                                  > pressure.

                                  > > > installation
                                  > relative
                                  > > > and

                                  > most

                                  > > > there.

                                  > pjweix@

                                  > or
                                  > > > maybe

                                  wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software"

                                  > impossible.

                                  > data

                                  > > > pjweix@

                                  > reading of
                                  > reading of
                                  > new
                                  > > > users,
                                  See
                                  > > > station

                                • Tomer Levy
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
                                    Hi,

                                    I also have a WS-36xx station and I'm also getting these errors about
                                    once every hour or so:

                                    Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > Absolute air pressure reading of 328.11
                                    InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45).
                                    Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > Relative air pressure reading of 328.11
                                    InHg detected. Value out of range (8.85 to 32.45). To new users, have
                                    you set up your console's relative air pressure yet? See station
                                    user's manual.
                                    Thu Nov 01 15:23:04 2007 > One or more data items could not be
                                    automatically corrected, Ignoring ALL data on this update.

                                    Any idea if there is a solution for that?

                                    My station is connected using USB-Serial cable and is showing on the
                                    screen the relative pressure, which I set up initially after
                                    installation (if it matters).