CWOP Snow Reports

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      I have been communicating back and forth with the folks that are
      running this project trying to get info from them.
      Not much to report except the following;
      If you happen to miss a snow report, then enter it when ever you
      can, just make sure the date is correct.
      Also see Dave's reply;
      "For snow depth (actual snow on ground at 07:00L) is measured to the
      nearest inch (do not use tenths of inches for snow depth); the snow
      depth measurement should be made at "representative" locations,
      outside
      of drifts or snow shadow areas. More info on measuring snow is
      available on this page: http://www.madis-
      fsl.org/snow_measurements.html

      Hopefully, the NOHRSC has been getting all your reports, and I see
      from
      the blue dots, and at least some of these reports are getting to
      NOHRSC. There are always differences between the "point" location
      you
      make your snow and the model prediction, which is are a grid point
      which
      covers many square kilometers. Over longer periods of time, your
      observations and the model prediction should correspond well."