Re: Tweak Data

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
      The timed based tweaks use computer time (local).

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kd6nig@...> wrote:

      > Just wondering if when you do the 'tweak data' if the time used is the
      > computer time, or if it uses UTC.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Joshua

    • Joshua
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
        Thanks!

        > The timed based tweaks use computer time (local).
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kd6nig@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Just wondering if when you do the 'tweak data' if the time used is the
        > > computer time, or if it uses UTC.
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > Joshua

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
          I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode. The
          968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total for
          the day of 0.39 inches.

          I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak Data
          button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me an odd
          amount for even readings.

          I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I reopened
          the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.

          I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
          again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and the
          box was checked again.

          Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.

          Thanks!
        • jimnbarbies
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
            wrote:

            > I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode.
            The
            > 968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total
            for
            > the day of 0.39 inches.
            >
            > I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak
            Data
            > button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me an
            odd
            > amount for even readings.
            >
            > I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I
            reopened
            > the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.
            >
            > I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
            > again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and
            the
            > box was checked again.
            >
            > Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.
            >
            > Thanks!

            I had something like that with the rain gauge. I ended up resetting
            my console, La Crosse WS 2317. Maybe this will help.
            Jim
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
              You might double check the increment. I would think it is .01 or .02.

              The 968 might need to have the rainfall calculated as it does not
              return a daily rainfall as I recall.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
                I just Googled it, you are correct, 0.04 increments.

                Not sure where the .39 came from.

                The daily rainfall is calculated using the change in the totals.

                If you can, look over the past 24 hours and determine the change in
                the rainfall total (stats area).

                > You might double check the increment. I would think it is .01 or .02.
                >
                > The 968 might need to have the rainfall calculated as it does not
                > return a daily rainfall as I recall.
                >

                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode. The
                > > 968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total for
                > > the day of 0.39 inches.
                > >
                > > I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak
                Data
                > > button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me
                an odd
                > > amount for even readings.
                > >
                > > I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I
                reopened
                > > the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.
                > >
                > > I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
                > > again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and the
                > > box was checked again.
                > >
                > > Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.
                > >
                > > Thanks!

              • Greggo
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 27, 2008
                  Yeah, I think you're right.  I looked at the graph, and the odd numbers were coming from the daily total which is calculated.  I may have to be that way for the 968.  It's no biggie.  I just thought it was strange looking.  Thanks!

                  --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software"