Tweak Data

  • Joshua
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
      Just wondering if when you do the 'tweak data' if the time used is the
      computer time, or if it uses UTC.

      Thanks.

      Joshua
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
        The timed based tweaks use computer time (local).

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kd6nig@...> wrote:

        > Just wondering if when you do the 'tweak data' if the time used is the
        > computer time, or if it uses UTC.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Joshua

      • Joshua
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 2, 2007
          Thanks!

          > The timed based tweaks use computer time (local).
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kd6nig@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Just wondering if when you do the 'tweak data' if the time used is the
          > > computer time, or if it uses UTC.
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > Joshua

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
            I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode. The
            968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total for
            the day of 0.39 inches.

            I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak Data
            button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me an odd
            amount for even readings.

            I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I reopened
            the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.

            I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
            again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and the
            box was checked again.

            Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.

            Thanks!
          • jimnbarbies
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@...>
              wrote:

              > I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode.
              The
              > 968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total
              for
              > the day of 0.39 inches.
              >
              > I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak
              Data
              > button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me an
              odd
              > amount for even readings.
              >
              > I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I
              reopened
              > the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.
              >
              > I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
              > again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and
              the
              > box was checked again.
              >
              > Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.
              >
              > Thanks!

              I had something like that with the rain gauge. I ended up resetting
              my console, La Crosse WS 2317. Maybe this will help.
              Jim
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
                You might double check the increment. I would think it is .01 or .02.

                The 968 might need to have the rainfall calculated as it does not
                return a daily rainfall as I recall.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 26, 2008
                  I just Googled it, you are correct, 0.04 increments.

                  Not sure where the .39 came from.

                  The daily rainfall is calculated using the change in the totals.

                  If you can, look over the past 24 hours and determine the change in
                  the rainfall total (stats area).

                  > You might double check the increment. I would think it is .01 or .02.
                  >
                  > The 968 might need to have the rainfall calculated as it does not
                  > return a daily rainfall as I recall.
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gw33340@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have an OS WMR968 going to the WUHU in the direct serial mode. The
                  > > 968 reads rain in 0.04 inch increments. I have a rainfall total for
                  > > the day of 0.39 inches.
                  > >
                  > > I've been pondering about this and I thought maybe under the Tweak
                  Data
                  > > button the "calculate rainfall" item might be what was giving me
                  an odd
                  > > amount for even readings.
                  > >
                  > > I "unchecked" this box and clicked on "save changes". When I
                  reopened
                  > > the Tweak Data" the box was rechecked like I hadn't changed it.
                  > >
                  > > I stopped WUHU and tried the tweak and unckeck and save procedure
                  > > again. I restarted WUHU and looked at the tweak data screen and the
                  > > box was checked again.
                  > >
                  > > Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to uncheck this box if possible.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!

                • Greggo
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 27, 2008
                    Yeah, I think you're right.  I looked at the graph, and the odd numbers were coming from the daily total which is calculated.  I may have to be that way for the 968.  It's no biggie.  I just thought it was strange looking.  Thanks!

                    --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software"