AWEKAS is spamming email addresses used to signup

  • brotsten
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      A word of caution. I use disposable email addresses to cut down on my
      junk mail. It also allows me to see, who uses/sales the address for
      spam mail.

      I signed up for AWEKAS's website about two months ago. Since then, I
      have recieved two spam emails of the type "I'm so and so from another
      country, I have 10 million dollars I want to share, just send me
      $5000...."

      I use a free service, www.spamgourmet.com. I don't have any
      connections with them.

      YMMV.

      Brian
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2007
        I dont think the owner sold the email.

        It is possible that a crawler picked up a page of his site:

        http://www.awekas.at/en/mitgliederliste.php?land=all

        In there, all of our emails are listed in the source.

        Bummer.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "brotsten" <brotsten@...>