WUHU and Windows Home Server Beta

  • Ryan Weathers
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 4:48 AM
      I just wanted to let everyone know that I successfully installed WUHU
      onto Windows Home Server Beta 2. Everything is running smoothly as it
      was previously on XP Pro.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 5:44 AM
        Ryan,

        I have never heard of Windows Home Server.

        What is it useful for?

        Thanks!

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Weathers"
        <weathersinc@...> wrote:

        > I just wanted to let everyone know that I successfully installed WUHU
        > onto Windows Home Server Beta 2. Everything is running smoothly as it
        > was previously on XP Pro.

      • Ryan Weathers
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3 7:46 AM
          Windows Home Server is a new program that MS is working on.  It will probably only come pre-installed on a computer (OEM only).  It basically allows backing up, storage and sharing over a home network.  It also provides backing up of all computers to one centralized location.  Here is a link that offers more detail: PC Magazine .

          I am not a MS fan boy, but I really do like this program and will get it as soon as it comes out.  It is built on Windows Server 2003 and it seems to be very stable.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 3 8:01 AM

            Ryan,

            Thanks for the info. That might be handy. A friend an I were recently talking about back-up methods. I have none. Was also considering buy Retrospect to do the same thing.

            Also, I am not a MS fan myself, I am pretty much forced to work with their stuff (for many many years).

            Reminds me of a an oldie

            The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
            Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough.
            "Granny, does your dog bite?"
            "No, child, no."

            Another good one is the Rolling Stones tune "Start Me Up" that Microsoft bought rights to.

            If you start me up
            If you start me up I'll never stop
            If you start me up
            If you start me up I'll never stop
            I've been running hot
            You got me ticking gonna blow my top
            If you start me up
            I'll never stop

            You make a grown man cry
            You make a grown man cry
            You make a grown man cry
            Spread out the oil, the gasoline
            I walk smooth, ride in a mean, mean machine
            Start me up