Re: v215, Communication errors patch.

  • schaka1
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
      Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I didn't
      detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2 hrs

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@...>

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
        If you are in direct serial, and data is shown in left column of the
        history and stats data, then the console is talking.

        The errors uploading to the servers are not related to serial
        communications errors.

        Upload errors are related to Internet connectivity.

        It may be a temporary condition.

        Let me know if the problem goes away.

        There have been no changes made to the upload related code.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
          Let me know if you continue to see issues.

          Bad weather all over today.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>
          wrote:

          > Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I
          didn't
          > detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2
          hrs

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > I don't have problems surfing the Internet--I'm running Windows
          XP
          > > Professional and my computer is less than a year old. It's a
          Compaq
          > > Presario with 1GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive. My WU software
          stopped
          > > uploading about 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I saw where you havd a
          fix
          > > for communications so I downlaoded and installed v215. I saw
          where
          > > Keith had written and said he had run it for longer than a half
          day
          > > without having any failures to upload. I was hoping mine would
          do
          > > the same--I am running a LaCrosse WS-2317CP and have been since
          Feb 8
          > > or 14th last year. Haven't had any problems--well a minor one
          here
          > > and there--but not like this. I deleted the email that had the
          > > settings for direct serial access--and I'm hoping the settings
          didn't
          > > change when I began having the problems. Do you have those
          > > settings? Here's what I have--WS23XX DirectSerial Access with
          the
          > > box checked that reads Write Heavyweather Pro compatible
          History.dat
          > > file-- Are those the correct settings or do I need more? Thanks,
          > > James

          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > James,
          > > >
          > > > If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an
          Internet
          > > > connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that
          v215
          > > > is intended to fix.
          > > >
          > > > Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
          > > > reliability issues?
          > > >
          > > > Also, which operating system are you running?
          > > > It is a fairly new machine?
          > > > Dial-up or Cable?
          > > >
          > > > Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on
          that
          > > > machine?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks.
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason

          > > > messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make
          > > sure
          > > > I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings
          do
          > > > need checked just in case they did set correctly when I
          reinstalled?

          > > > out.

        • James Mason
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
            The problem evidently cleared itself.  I'm back.
            James

            Never miss an email again!
            Yahoo! Toolbar