Re: v215, Communication errors patch.

  • masonjh1
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1 1:27 PM
      I don't have problems surfing the Internet--I'm running Windows XP
      Professional and my computer is less than a year old. It's a Compaq
      Presario with 1GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive. My WU software stopped
      uploading about 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I saw where you havd a fix
      for communications so I downlaoded and installed v215. I saw where
      Keith had written and said he had run it for longer than a half day
      without having any failures to upload. I was hoping mine would do
      the same--I am running a LaCrosse WS-2317CP and have been since Feb 8
      or 14th last year. Haven't had any problems--well a minor one here
      and there--but not like this. I deleted the email that had the
      settings for direct serial access--and I'm hoping the settings didn't
      change when I began having the problems. Do you have those
      settings? Here's what I have--WS23XX DirectSerial Access with the
      box checked that reads Write Heavyweather Pro compatible History.dat
      file-- Are those the correct settings or do I need more? Thanks,
      James

      > James,
      >
      > If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an Internet
      > connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that v215
      > is intended to fix.
      >
      > Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
      > reliability issues?
      >
      > Also, which operating system are you running?
      > It is a fairly new machine?
      > Dial-up or Cable?
      >
      > Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on that
      > machine?
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason
      > <masonjh1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am still having the communication problem. I'm getting error
      > messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make
      sure
      > I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings do
      > need checked just in case they did set correctly when I reinstalled?
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Never miss an email again!
      > > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
      > out.

    • schaka1
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1 1:33 PM
        Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I didn't
        detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2 hrs

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@...>

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1 1:41 PM
          If you are in direct serial, and data is shown in left column of the
          history and stats data, then the console is talking.

          The errors uploading to the servers are not related to serial
          communications errors.

          Upload errors are related to Internet connectivity.

          It may be a temporary condition.

          Let me know if the problem goes away.

          There have been no changes made to the upload related code.

          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1 1:43 PM
            Let me know if you continue to see issues.

            Bad weather all over today.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>
            wrote:

            > Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I
            didn't
            > detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2
            hrs

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > I don't have problems surfing the Internet--I'm running Windows
            XP
            > > Professional and my computer is less than a year old. It's a
            Compaq
            > > Presario with 1GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive. My WU software
            stopped
            > > uploading about 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I saw where you havd a
            fix
            > > for communications so I downlaoded and installed v215. I saw
            where
            > > Keith had written and said he had run it for longer than a half
            day
            > > without having any failures to upload. I was hoping mine would
            do
            > > the same--I am running a LaCrosse WS-2317CP and have been since
            Feb 8
            > > or 14th last year. Haven't had any problems--well a minor one
            here
            > > and there--but not like this. I deleted the email that had the
            > > settings for direct serial access--and I'm hoping the settings
            didn't
            > > change when I began having the problems. Do you have those
            > > settings? Here's what I have--WS23XX DirectSerial Access with
            the
            > > box checked that reads Write Heavyweather Pro compatible
            History.dat
            > > file-- Are those the correct settings or do I need more? Thanks,
            > > James

            > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > James,
            > > >
            > > > If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an
            Internet
            > > > connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that
            v215
            > > > is intended to fix.
            > > >
            > > > Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
            > > > reliability issues?
            > > >
            > > > Also, which operating system are you running?
            > > > It is a fairly new machine?
            > > > Dial-up or Cable?
            > > >
            > > > Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on
            that
            > > > machine?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks.
            > > >

            > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason

            > > > messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make
            > > sure
            > > > I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings
            do
            > > > need checked just in case they did set correctly when I
            reinstalled?

            > > > out.

          • James Mason
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1 5:00 PM
              The problem evidently cleared itself.  I'm back.
              James

              Never miss an email again!
              Yahoo! Toolbar