Re: v215, Communication errors patch.

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
      James,

      If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an Internet
      connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that v215
      is intended to fix.

      Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
      reliability issues?

      Also, which operating system are you running?
      It is a fairly new machine?
      Dial-up or Cable?

      Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on that
      machine?

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason
      <masonjh1@...> wrote:

      > I am still having the communication problem. I'm getting error
      messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make sure
      I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings do I
      need checked just in case they did set correctly when I reinstalled?

      > ---------------------------------
      > Never miss an email again!
      > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
      out.

    • masonjh1
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
        I don't have problems surfing the Internet--I'm running Windows XP
        Professional and my computer is less than a year old. It's a Compaq
        Presario with 1GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive. My WU software stopped
        uploading about 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I saw where you havd a fix
        for communications so I downlaoded and installed v215. I saw where
        Keith had written and said he had run it for longer than a half day
        without having any failures to upload. I was hoping mine would do
        the same--I am running a LaCrosse WS-2317CP and have been since Feb 8
        or 14th last year. Haven't had any problems--well a minor one here
        and there--but not like this. I deleted the email that had the
        settings for direct serial access--and I'm hoping the settings didn't
        change when I began having the problems. Do you have those
        settings? Here's what I have--WS23XX DirectSerial Access with the
        box checked that reads Write Heavyweather Pro compatible History.dat
        file-- Are those the correct settings or do I need more? Thanks,
        James

        > James,
        >
        > If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an Internet
        > connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that v215
        > is intended to fix.
        >
        > Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
        > reliability issues?
        >
        > Also, which operating system are you running?
        > It is a fairly new machine?
        > Dial-up or Cable?
        >
        > Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on that
        > machine?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason
        > <masonjh1@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am still having the communication problem. I'm getting error
        > messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make
        sure
        > I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings do
        > need checked just in case they did set correctly when I reinstalled?
        > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Never miss an email again!
        > > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it
        > out.

      • schaka1
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
          Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I didn't
          detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2 hrs

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@...>

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
            If you are in direct serial, and data is shown in left column of the
            history and stats data, then the console is talking.

            The errors uploading to the servers are not related to serial
            communications errors.

            Upload errors are related to Internet connectivity.

            It may be a temporary condition.

            Let me know if the problem goes away.

            There have been no changes made to the upload related code.

            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
              Let me know if you continue to see issues.

              Bad weather all over today.

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "schaka1" <blkguy@...>
              wrote:

              > Curiously, my pc also stopped uploading about 2 pm yesterday. I
              didn't
              > detect it until I looked at my WU data. The problem lasted about 2
              hrs

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "masonjh1" <masonjh1@>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > I don't have problems surfing the Internet--I'm running Windows
              XP
              > > Professional and my computer is less than a year old. It's a
              Compaq
              > > Presario with 1GB RAM and 250GB Hard Drive. My WU software
              stopped
              > > uploading about 2 PM yesterday afternoon. I saw where you havd a
              fix
              > > for communications so I downlaoded and installed v215. I saw
              where
              > > Keith had written and said he had run it for longer than a half
              day
              > > without having any failures to upload. I was hoping mine would
              do
              > > the same--I am running a LaCrosse WS-2317CP and have been since
              Feb 8
              > > or 14th last year. Haven't had any problems--well a minor one
              here
              > > and there--but not like this. I deleted the email that had the
              > > settings for direct serial access--and I'm hoping the settings
              didn't
              > > change when I began having the problems. Do you have those
              > > settings? Here's what I have--WS23XX DirectSerial Access with
              the
              > > box checked that reads Write Heavyweather Pro compatible
              History.dat
              > > file-- Are those the correct settings or do I need more? Thanks,
              > > James

              > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > James,
              > > >
              > > > If you are having upload issues, that would be more of an
              Internet
              > > > connectivity problem than a serial communications problem that
              v215
              > > > is intended to fix.
              > > >
              > > > Are you having problems surfing the net? Any other Internet
              > > > reliability issues?
              > > >
              > > > Also, which operating system are you running?
              > > > It is a fairly new machine?
              > > > Dial-up or Cable?
              > > >
              > > > Any other clues as to why there might be Internet problems on
              that
              > > > machine?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks.
              > > >

              > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, James Mason

              > > > messagesin uploading to WU, CWOP and AWEKAS. I checked to make
              > > sure
              > > > I have v215 installed and I do. What can I do or what settings
              do
              > > > need checked just in case they did set correctly when I
              reinstalled?

              > > > out.

            • James Mason
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2007
                The problem evidently cleared itself.  I'm back.
                James

                Never miss an email again!
                Yahoo! Toolbar