Re: New release of XMLWeatherDials

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 28, 2007
      Mark,

      Just started using the program. Just some thoughts/comments. These may
      have already been addressed, if so, I apologize.

      1.) Small typo in the "About" section. No big deal or anything, just
      thought I'd mention.

      2.) It might be nice to provide a link or website address in the
      "About" section to help direct people to the website a new updates are
      released. I'm not talking about the program notifying of releases.
      Just providing a reference on where to look for updates.

      3.) I like the buckets, unfortunately here in Washington we typically
      exceed the .10 inches of rain per day. Is there a way to enlarge the
      daily rain total?

      4.) Is there a way for the user to modify the time to match local time?

      Thanks.

      Brian
      CW6873

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Wyman" <mark@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Did some basic clean-up of the main UI and added some more
      > HeavyWeather (Wuhu) support to the dials. I also fixed the dial save
      setup
      > bug. Not only that I now allow you to save out as many dial
      configurations
      > as you wish, and load as many. At least until you run out of memory or
      > sanity, whichever comes first ;-).
      >

      > Granted the majority of the changes are under the hood, and
      > allow me to take this program down the road more easily. Initially
      it was
      > conceived as a demo to display the dials as controls to be reused in
      other
      > people's programs such as Wuhu, but the response was `eh. Then it seemed
      > people liked my demo more than the dials, so now I had to clean the
      code to
      > make a legit program rather than just a demo. Anyhow, this is an
      official
      > release now, rather than simply a beta, so you should be accompanied
      by a
      > few more folks. I hope.
      >

      > Anyhow go here to get it:
      >

      > HYPERLINK
      > "http://www.markwyman.com/projects"http://www.markwyman.com/projects
      >

      > As usual, please report any bugs to me that you come across. I know
      of a few
      > minor ones already, but I will address them all in one shot rather than
      > piece by piece.
      >

      > Thanks for you interest!
      >

      > -Mark Wyman
      >

      > --