Mt Washington pictures

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007

      This link should take you to a slide show of some pictures from my trip. They were taken with a Sony point & shoot. Very hard to stay steady in hurricane force winds I found out. Hope to have some more pictures later. There are no descriptions on the pictures, maybe I will add some later. These are un-edited. Some folks had some nice SLR Digitals and have promised to share their pictures, I hope they do.

      http://nhgunns.com/MtWashington022307.aspx

      Steve

    • Jon G
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
        Thanks for the pics Steve!  Looks like it was a GREAT trip!

        For those who are not familiar with this amazing place:

        * "Home of the World's Worst Weather" - Despite its relatively low elevation (6,288') Mount Washington is located at the confluence of three major storm tracks, and being the highest point in New England, it generally takes the brunt of passing storms.
        * During a wild April storm in 1934, a wind gust of 231 miles per hour (372 kilometers per hour) pushed across the summit of Mount Washington. This wind speed still stands as the all-time surface wind speed record.

        Jon G.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2007
          Steve,

          Great pictures and a nice presentation!