Re: HeavyWeather - "graying out" - No uploads - suspecting the USB serial adapters.

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2006
      Brian,

      I think whatever problem you are experiencing it is unique when
      compared to the problems of others. Maybe others are seeing the same
      issue you are, I am not sure.

      In your case, if you can get in running Ok, then you are able to run
      until the next restart.

      When using the USB/serial adapters, the computers are faulting at the
      Kernel level and automatically rebooting.

      One thing you might try on your system. Create a batch file to start
      up heavyweather but give the system a minute or two to boot up before
      it starts heavyweather. This might be some type of resource problem
      during boot when the system is busy loading up applications, anti-
      virus, etc.

      I have a program Sleep.exe that you can use in batch files.

      Let me know if you need it.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris
      <bharris@a...> wrote:

      > I am using the serial cable that came with the weather station, I'm
      NOT
      > using a USB to serial convertor. I have that problem on the grey-
      outs.
      > I guess you just misunderstood me. But I not using anything other
      that
      > the standard cables that came with the weather station.
      >
      > wuhu_software wrote:
      > > Brian,
      > >
      > > I suspect that the USB to serial adapters may be at fault. There
      are
      > > many different implementations of USB adapters but apparently
      many of
      > > them use the same chips within the adapter.
      > >
      > > We can discount the wired versus non-wired as we have a wired user
      > > that is experiencing the "gray-outs", but they do have a USB to
      > > serial adapter.
      > >
      > > Since I use a real built-in serial port, I have never seen this
      > > problem. So far, no one in the group with a real serial port has
      said
      > > that they also have the problem.
      > >
      > > I am currently testing a USB to serial adapter. Overnight, my
      entire
      > > machine locked up (not just Heavyweather). I am not sure if that
      is
      > > related or not? Is anyone seeing their machine lock up as well?
      > >
      > > As far as the pressure reading goes, you will probably never get
      them
      > > to match as it is probably a software rounding error. Maybe when
      the
      > > next release of Heavyweather comes out, the problem would be
      > > corrected. Might be a good idea to report this to La Crosse tech
      > > supoort so that they are aware of it. Personally, I had never
      noticed.

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Brian Harris
      > > <bharris@a...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Do you mean that you think the serial cable is bad or you think
      the
      > > > problem is with the serial connection itself? I have the same
      > > problem,
      > > > but when it working, it will work until I restart my computer,
      then
      > > > sometimes it will work and sometimes not. I found out that when
      > > > heavyweather is running, it it runs for at least an hour,
      without
      > > > "graying out" it will run fine until I restart the computer.
      > > >
      > > > I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2
      > > > Mcafee VirusScan 10
      > > > Mcafee Firewall 7.1
      > > > Also I keep Weather Exchange running all the time also. v 1.16
      > > > WUHU 142
      > > >

      > > > Can someone tell me how to get my preesure to show the same on
      > > > HeavyWeather as it does on the station itself?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks

      > > find
      > > find

      > > web.