Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Oregon Scientific WMR928NX and Wuhu software

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
      The Oregon scientific console does just that. It sends what it receives on the wind side of the house. The High gust is determined by software..I.e. the last 10 min or whatever you set the parameter to, based on whatever software you use. In most stations, the gust is merely the highest wind over the sample period. I know Wuhu does just that. What confuses some folks is like, WU may download their data every five minutes..The high wind is stored for 10 minutes, so it may show a different "gust" that was stored while the actual wind speed changed. But on their home computer, it would show gust and max windspeed as the same as they are both logged at the same time. Does that make sense? I think if Paulo watched the gauges on WUHU he would see what I mean.