Re: Oregon Scientific WMR928NX and Wuhu software

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
      Paulo,

      I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the only way that FreeWx
      could see the Gust for the day is that it must have been running at
      the time when the Gust was seen.

      Also, I believe there is no "history" in the console itself. When the
      WMR96X has data, it sends it out there serial port. There is no
      handshaking or polling of the unit.

      I hope that answers your questions.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"
      <paulofloripa2003@...> wrote:

      > Wuhu does not register the gust of wind of oregon.
      > The wind gust that wuhu makes is based on the average wind of
      > registered for the o oregon.
      > The wind gust is being ignored for wuhu. I made a test with freeWx
      > soft that automatically it recognized the maximum gust of the day
      > registered for oregon.
      > The freeWx separately recognizes the average wind and the gust.

      > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Paulo,
      > >
      > > How are you determining the maximum gust that WUHU saw?
      > >
      > > Be careful when looking at the statistics area.
      > >
      > > You must select the appropriate range for the statisitics in
      hours.

      > > Try entering 0 to 24 hours and see what the high gust value is.
      > >
      > > Beware that the gust reported to Weather Underground is the
      highest
      > > gust speed seen in the past 10 minutes only.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"
      > > <paulofloripa2003@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sorry,
      > > > http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
      > > ID=ISANTACA4
      > > >
      > > > oregon start 14:50
      > > >
      > > > Gust today
      > > > In my oregon: 13,3km/h
      > > > in wuhu: 8,0km/h

      Bezerra"

      > > working
      > > not
      > > average,
      > > registered

    • Paulo Bezerra
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hi,

        Thanks for your help!!

        > Paulo,
        >
        > I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the only way that FreeWx
        > could see the Gust for the day is that it must have been running at
        > the time when the Gust was seen.
        >
        > Also, I believe there is no "history" in the console itself. When the
        > WMR96X has data, it sends it out there serial port. There is no
        > handshaking or polling of the unit.
        >
        > I hope that answers your questions.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"
        > <paulofloripa2003@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Wuhu does not register the gust of wind of oregon.
        > > The wind gust that wuhu makes is based on the average wind of
        > > registered for the o oregon.
        > > The wind gust is being ignored for wuhu. I made a test with freeWx
        > > soft that automatically it recognized the maximum gust of the day
        > > registered for oregon.
        > > The freeWx separately recognizes the average wind and the gust.

        > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Paulo,
        > > >
        > > > How are you determining the maximum gust that WUHU saw?
        > > >
        > > > Be careful when looking at the statistics area.
        > > >
        > > > You must select the appropriate range for the statisitics in
        > hours.
        > > >
        > > > Try entering 0 to 24 hours and see what the high gust value is.
        > > >
        > > > Beware that the gust reported to Weather Underground is the
        > highest
        > > > gust speed seen in the past 10 minutes only.
        > > >

        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paulo Bezerra"

        > > > ID=ISANTACA4

        > your

        > Bezerra"

        > > > working
        > does
        > > > not
        > > > average,
        > > > registered

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
          The Oregon scientific console does just that. It sends what it receives on the wind side of the house. The High gust is determined by software..I.e. the last 10 min or whatever you set the parameter to, based on whatever software you use. In most stations, the gust is merely the highest wind over the sample period. I know Wuhu does just that. What confuses some folks is like, WU may download their data every five minutes..The high wind is stored for 10 minutes, so it may show a different "gust" that was stored while the actual wind speed changed. But on their home computer, it would show gust and max windspeed as the same as they are both logged at the same time. Does that make sense? I think if Paulo watched the gauges on WUHU he would see what I mean.