Re: hey yall; newbee here #2

    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 29, 2007
      Lew,

      I just happened to notice something odd in the currdat.lst file you
      posted:

      [pressure_absolute]
      hpa ="1011.85"
      inHg ="29.88"

      [pressure_relative]
      hpa ="1011.85"
      inHg ="29.88"

      What is odd here is that relative pressure should not be equal to the
      absolute pressure. It is possible that the console is mis-calculating
      if the relative pressure were to drop below the absolute, just a
      guess.

      Did you set up your relative pressure after you installed the console?

      To do this, you need to hit the setup button until the relative
      pressure value flashes. Use the + and - to adjust. After you have the
      correct value, continue hittting setup until you are back to the main
      screen.

      Looking at Waco Texas this morning, the pressure should be about
      30.27 Inhg.

      In the future, use the closest official weather station (usually at
      an airport) to obtain your relative pressure readings.

      After you adjust the pressure, let me know if you continue to see
      that old 80.0+ Inhg (without the tweak).