Re: [wuhu_software_group] WS-2310, buyer beware, apparently there are two versions...

  • mail@stronge.org.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
      I have a ws-3600 european version and in thick fog the sensor read 97%. The fog visibility was only about 60 feet. We have had thicker fog here in Northern Ireland when the visibility has been less than 6 feet. I was out in a boat in this fog and it was an amazing experience. Standing on the gunwhales of the boat and shining a very bright toruch you could not even see the water 6 feet below !!!!!! I 'm sure at this point that the sensor would have read 100%. What I am getting at is that I do not think the sensor is faulty. We have had mist at my home and the local official weather station has been reading 100% which I personally think is wrong as the air is not fully saturated like it was on that night I described to you. As for the range of my unit. Real world through a bungalow roof and 2 walls the range of my unit is about 100 feet so could be more with no obstructions.

      Just my thoughts

      Mark

      On 16/04/2005 01:27:44, wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > I found a weather station dealer on e-bay who stated the
      "New"

      > version of the WS-2310 has a greater transmission
      distance and full

      > range support on the humidity sensor
      (1%-99).

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
        Just a confirmation there are two versions of the WS2310.

        Weather channel store:

        http://store.weather.com/store/category?category=19572%2C20772%2C20780

        SKU:
        ----
        TWC-LACWS2310TWC-001
        TWC-LACWS2310TWC-002 (called 18 function version, same price.)