WS-2310, buyer beware, apparently there are two versions...

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2005
      I found a weather station dealer on e-bay who stated the "New"
      version of the WS-2310 has a greater transmission distance and full
      range support on the humidity sensor (1%-99).

      Here is the response.

      Buyer beware.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16, 2005
        I have a ws-3600 european version and in thick fog the sensor read 97%. The fog visibility was only about 60 feet. We have had thicker fog here in Northern Ireland when the visibility has been less than 6 feet. I was out in a boat in this fog and it was an amazing experience. Standing on the gunwhales of the boat and shining a very bright toruch you could not even see the water 6 feet below !!!!!! I 'm sure at this point that the sensor would have read 100%. What I am getting at is that I do not think the sensor is faulty. We have had mist at my home and the local official weather station has been reading 100% which I personally think is wrong as the air is not fully saturated like it was on that night I described to you. As for the range of my unit. Real world through a bungalow roof and 2 walls the range of my unit is about 100 feet so could be more with no obstructions.

        Just my thoughts

        Mark

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2005
          Just a confirmation there are two versions of the WS2310.

          Weather channel store:

          http://store.weather.com/store/category?category=19572%2C20772%2C20780

          SKU:
          ----
          TWC-LACWS2310TWC-001
          TWC-LACWS2310TWC-002 (called 18 function version, same price.)