WUHU 1.0.13

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2005
      I made a couple of new enchancements to the program.

      Wind speed and direction uploaded to the weather servers are now
      averaged. The method uses weighted averages (using vectors). This
      should produce more accurate results. Previously, only the last
      sample that was read was sent to the servers. Samples received in the
      last 5 minutes are used in these calculations.

      As a side note, I recently wired up my console rather than use the
      wireless interface. The updates are much faster on the console and on
      the Heavyweather screen however the currdat.lst file is updated only
      once per minute. I put in a request to Lacrosse to update the
      currdat.lst file whenever the data changes rather than the once per
      minute updates. If this file were updated every 8 seconds, the
      average wind speed and direction calculations would probably be much
      more accurate.

      Also added to this version, I added the ability to pass the weather
      data to an action. For instance, you can send the temperature,
      humidity values to your own application or batch file. See the
      updated Readme.txt for more information.

      I may added the capability to launch a generic action whenever the
      currdat.lst file has been updated. If anyone has a need for this let
      me know.