RE: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WUHU Error Question

  • < Dickie Bradford >
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
      WUHU:

      I had thought about that, but also how could I make it tell me when there are COM errors or, say the rain guage goes out and no data is coming in, or one of the weather sites drops and stops accepting data?  You wouldnt be able to do that with dalek would you?  the program would need to trigger it to cause an error and log what the error was? or am I way off?

      Dickie

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
        Dickie,

        I am not sure what version of WUHU you are running but yes, several
        aspects are covered.

        Under actions, if you enable Console failures, after 3 attempts on
        the serial port, it will post this alarm.

        There are individual alarms for each of the weather servers.

        There is no alarm for "It did not rain today", but if there is
        corrupt data on the serial port (or currdat.lst if you use that
        mode), that will be posted as a console error.

        So in short, it should be able to handle anything you need.

        Maybe I am missing something?

        <dbradford@...> wrote:

        > WUHU:
        >
        > I had thought about that, but also how could I make it tell me when
        there
        > are COM errors or, say the rain guage goes out and no data is
        coming in, or
        > one of the weather sites drops and stops accepting data? You
        wouldnt be
        > able to do that with dalek would you? the program would need to
        trigger it
        > to cause an error and log what the error was? or am I way off?
        >
        > Dickie

      • < Dickie Bradford >
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
          Ok,  let me try it and see what i can get out of it then I will let you know.