Re: WUHU Error Question

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
      Dickie,

      Now that you have shown me that, I am wondering, why not just
      download and install the Dalek utility, copy it in to a system path,
      then have WUHU launch it as an action?

      You probably just want to see when a console failure happens, so that
      would be an ideal solution. What other events do you want to see?

      If you want to use multiple actions, to simplify, you could have WUHU
      launch a batch file as and action, passing the notification you want
      to see. The batch file could then pass on to Dalek the string you are
      interested in.

      Thoughts?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "<<<<< Dickie Bradford

    • < Dickie Bradford >
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
        WUHU:

        I had thought about that, but also how could I make it tell me when there are COM errors or, say the rain guage goes out and no data is coming in, or one of the weather sites drops and stops accepting data?  You wouldnt be able to do that with dalek would you?  the program would need to trigger it to cause an error and log what the error was? or am I way off?

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
          Dickie,

          I am not sure what version of WUHU you are running but yes, several
          aspects are covered.

          Under actions, if you enable Console failures, after 3 attempts on
          the serial port, it will post this alarm.

          There are individual alarms for each of the weather servers.

          There is no alarm for "It did not rain today", but if there is
          corrupt data on the serial port (or currdat.lst if you use that
          mode), that will be posted as a console error.

          So in short, it should be able to handle anything you need.

          Maybe I am missing something?

          <dbradford@...> wrote:

          > WUHU:
          >
          > I had thought about that, but also how could I make it tell me when
          there
          > are COM errors or, say the rain guage goes out and no data is
          coming in, or
          > one of the weather sites drops and stops accepting data? You
          wouldnt be
          > able to do that with dalek would you? the program would need to
          trigger it
          > to cause an error and log what the error was? or am I way off?
          >
          > Dickie

        • < Dickie Bradford >
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
            Ok,  let me try it and see what i can get out of it then I will let you know.