Unable to write Wxnowreport.txt

  • Harley Littrell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
      Well, I was hoping this new version was going to save me a lot of pain
      with my APRS data, but unfortionately, it's still not working. I went
      in the .ini file for WUHU and set it up properly to write the text
      file, but for some reason it's telling me on my log that it's not
      writing the file, no reason given, just unable to write it. Anyway
      have any clues or tips on this one? Thanks.

      -Harley/KC0YJF
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
        Harley,

        What file name did you use for the key?

        For example:

        [CWOP Settings]
        WxNowReportFile=C:\Program Files\UI-View32\Wxreportnow.txt

        I made up the Wxreportnow.txt file name, it might have to be named
        something specific depending on how UI-View32 is configured.

        Firstly, let WUHU run then explore to C:\Program Files\UI-View32\

        Sort files by modified date. This should tell you if the file is being
        written properly. It is written once per 5 minutes (as I recall).

        You can open this file in notepad to verify the contents.

        Now I am not sure how you point UI-View to the wxnow.txt file, but I am
        sure it is in the UI-View32 settings somewhere.

        Have you found how to configure UI-View32 and is it looking at the
        correct file?

        Let me know what you find.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Harley Littrell"

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
          Harley,

          Found these instructions:

          In UI-View, go to setup -> WX station setup, and where is "WX Data
          file".

          You will want that file to match the one in WUHU.