Re: WS-2317EL - date wrong in history file

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi;

      I just ran heavy weather and loaded my data thru 7PM (0:00 UTC) and
      looked at the history.dat file. All of the dates that were 06.12.31
      are now 07.01.01 and the dates that were 07.01.01 are now 07.01.02

      The actual history.dat file has the correct dates in it because I
      used the file layouts from an earlier post in a program to display
      the information in the file.

      Apparently heavy weather is adding a day to the date when it displays
      the history file when the UTC date is greater than the local date. I
      think that if I load my data after midnight and look at the history,
      the dates will show correct again. Then they will probably stay
      correct thru 6:30PM and then screw up again at 7:00PM. I'll have to
      load them tomorrow between 6:30PM and 7:00PM just to make sure and
      then wait for the 7:00PM update.

      Dave.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <daparty@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi again;
      >
      > Something odd is happening.
      >
      > I just ran heavy weather and loaded more data from yesterday and
      > today and then looked at my history.dat file. The times from
      > yesterday that were showing the wrong dates are now showing the
      > correct dates.
      >
      > All the times for yesterday that were showing a date of 07.01.01
      are
      > now showing as 06.12.31 up to and including 11:30PM. Starting at
      > 12:00AM the date is 07.01.01. So everything in the history.dat file
      > is now correct.
      >
      > Why the dates were showing wrong yesterday but are now correct
      today
      > I don't know. I'll see what happens at 7PM this evening which is
      0:00
      > UCT. Will it switch to 07.01.02?
      >
      > Does anyone know the format of the history.dat file (bytes 1-2
      = ??,
      > byte 3-4 = ??, etc). I would like to do a hex dump of the file and
      > see what exactly is saved. Maybe I can figure out what's going on.
      > Is heavy weather displaying different values at different times? I
      > don't think the history.dat file is changing other than new data
      > being written to the end.
      >
      > Dave.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <daparty@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all.
      > >
      > > I got a WS-2317EL for X-mas and I'm having fun trying to figure
      out
      > > what this thing can do.
      > >
      > > I have a strange problem with the date in the history file.
      > >
      > > I'm at time zone -5 ET, and the time and date are correct on the
      > > display, but when I run Heavy weather and download to the history
      > > file, the date shows as 07.01.01 with the correct time.
      > >
      > > Example:
      > >
      > > Display 9:00PM 12.31.06 History 09:00PM 07.01.01
      > > Display 9:30PM 12.31.06 History 09:30PM 07.01.01
      > > Display 10:00PM 12.31.06 History 10:00PM 07.01.01
      > >
      > > I'm running Heavy weather 2.0 beta. Is there something I should
      be
      > > setting someplace that I'm overlooking.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Dave.

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi;

        Here is whats happening from the testing I did.

        When the UTC date is greater than the local date, heavy weather is
        adding 1 day to the date field when it shows the dates. When the
        local date and UTC dates are the same, the date field shows the
        correct dates.

        My last test was to load the history.dat file with data thru 6:30PM
        today. When I looked at the history.dat file at 6:57PM, the dates
        were correct. I exited heavy weather and at 7:00PM I loaded heavy
        weather again and even though I didn't load the 7:00PM data to the
        history.dat file, the dates had 1 day added to them.

        Hopefully this will be fixed in a future release.

        wrote:

> [...]
        > >
        > > Dave.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <daparty@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi all.
        > > >
        > > > I got a WS-2317EL for X-mas and I'm having fun trying to figure
        > out
        > > > what this thing can do.
        > > >
        > > > I have a strange problem with the date in the history file.
        > > >
        > > > I'm at time zone -5 ET, and the time and date are correct on
        the
        > > > display, but when I run Heavy weather and download to the
        history
        > > > file, the date shows as 07.01.01 with the correct time.
        > > >
        > > > Example:
        > > >
        > > > Display 9:00PM 12.31.06 History 09:00PM 07.01.01
        > > > Display 9:30PM 12.31.06 History 09:30PM 07.01.01
        > > > Display 10:00PM 12.31.06 History 10:00PM 07.01.01
        > > >
        > > > I'm running Heavy weather 2.0 beta. Is there something I should

      • Patrick Chambers
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2007
          Heavy Weather Review is showing report in UT only, despite the data itself actually being saved in the History file as correct local time for me.  Anyone else having this happen?  Is it normal?

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2007
            Patrick,

            Heavyweather Review is monitoring currdat.lst. The time stamp in that
            file is seconds sinc Jan 1, 1900, in UTC.

            If you use direct serial mode, you can configure WUHU to ouput the
            currdat.lst file. It will then trick Heavyweather Review in to using
            local time.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Chambers"
            <endymion@...> wrote:

            > Heavy Weather Review is showing report in UT only, despite the data
            itself
            > actually being saved in the History file as correct local time for
            me.
            > Anyone else having this happen? Is it normal?
            >
            > Patrick

            1/1/2007