Re: Stupid Question?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 10, 2006
      I notice that you mention "wireless" below. Is there a way to
      transfer from the base station (WS2310) wirelessly to a computer
      using a wireless card for DSL?

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Charles M. Owen"
      <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

      > Yes, 24/7 or a full time connection is used. I ran across one user
      who it
      > seems obvious they get up at 5 am turn the computer on and
      shutdown at 10
      > pm.
      >

      > If you have cable modem/DSL you are 24/7 connected. I personally
      don't have
      > a problem with leaving a computer 24/7 but some might. I no longer
      have a
      > com: port device that I use (except for now the weather station).
      Location
      > was the only slight problem I had and I finally found a receiver
      location
      > that worked for the wireless. Except for a recent event, the
      system doesn't
      > even notice the activity in the background. (500 MHz windows).
      >

      > But, we understand

      Knapp
      > Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 3:27 PM
      > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Stupid Question?
      >

      > So, then I assume that those who use this have a computer
      connected to their
      > weathercenter 24/7?
      >
      > Somehow, I doubt my wife would appreciate that much. Oh well.
      >
      > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
      >

      > Charles,
      >
      > I agree, CWOP does not want archived data.
      >
      > Thanks for pointing that out.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Charles M. Owen"
      > <CMOwen@a...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I think that "live" is the only way each of the providers want
      it.
      > I can't
      > > say for sure for WU but CWOP wants it "now" for time
      verification.

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      > _____

      > Weather
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+underground&w1=Weather+undergro

      und&w2=Personal+weather+station&w3=Weather+stations&w4=Standard+editi
      on&c=4&
      > s=99&.sig=vvxega9c-v9DmXoYolEejA> underground
      >
      > Personal
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Weather+und

      erground&w2=Personal+weather+station&w3=Weather+stations&w4=Standard+
      edition
      > &c=4&s=99&.sig=aP1q-z_6-ECOOTWI_0OfTg> weather station
      >
      > Weather
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Weather+underground

      &w2=Personal+weather+station&w3=Weather+stations&w4=Standard+edition&
      c=4&s=9
      > 9&.sig=aai2a0PmQIS9e0GsAFlCqw> stations
      >

      > Standard
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Standard+edition&w1=Weather+underground

      &w2=Personal+weather+station&w3=Weather+stations&w4=Standard+edition&
      c=4&s=9
      > 9&.sig=RWQmKvp0OWlN7qFmb3NrQg> edition
      >

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "wuhu_software_group
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group> " on the web.

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      > _____

    • Charles M. Owen
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 11, 2006
        Sorry, I was referring to the base unit to sensor module that can be wired
        or wireless (400 MHz I think).

        <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

        > Yes, 24/7 or a full time connection is used. I ran across one user
        who it
        > seems obvious they get up at 5 am turn the computer on and
        shutdown at 10
        > pm.
        >

        > If you have cable modem/DSL you are 24/7 connected. I personally
        don't have
        > a problem with leaving a computer 24/7 but some might. I no longer
        have a
        > com: port device that I use (except for now the weather station).
        Location
        > was the only slight problem I had and I finally found a receiver
        location
        > that worked for the wireless. Except for a recent event, the
        system doesn't
        > even notice the activity in the background. (500 MHz windows).
        >

        > But, we understand

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 11, 2006

          There are solutions for serial communications devices communicating over Wi-Fi however the solution is probably more expensive than the weather station.

          Here is the first link I found on google for just such a device (it also handles hardware handshaking):

          http://www.aaxeon.com/products/Productdetail.aspx?cate=2&modelno=LS100W

        • Flint
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 11, 2006
            I suppose that one could also build a cable that'll run the signal through an ethernet bridge.  Again, though, the cost exceeds the price of a new base station.  Note that, if one has a 36xx, one cannot use a cheaper, 23xx base station to receive the signal and load it onto the computer.  A new 36xx base station runs about $130.

            Yahoo! Photos