WUHU Install Problem

  • Patrick Chambers
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
      Hi...totally new at this. When I extract WUHU and run
      Install.ext...*nothing* happens. The install program is running
      according to Task Manager, but nothing appears to be installing. I
      have d/l'ed and installed HW 2.0 Beta. Running Win XP Media Edition,
      here.

      Ideas?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
        Patrick,

        I have seen this in the past. I am not sure what the root cause is but
        I suspect that some application is holding on to a critical resource
        that the install.exe application wants (install.exe is made with a
        program called Installshield).

        Usually, you can reboot the machine and then run Install.exe before you
        do anything else.

        On my machine, sometimes Outlook refuses to shut down completely. When
        this happens, Install will behave as you have described.

        If a reboot does not solve the problem, we will find some type of work
        around.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Chambers"
        <endymion@...> wrote:

        > Hi...totally new at this. When I extract WUHU and run
        > Install.ext...*nothing* happens. The install program is running
        > according to Task Manager, but nothing appears to be installing. I
        > have d/l'ed and installed HW 2.0 Beta. Running Win XP Media Edition,
        > here.
        >
        > Ideas?

      • Patrick Chambers
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
          I've disabled everything that could remotely be interfering,
          including Outlook...still no luck.

          Any chance anyone knows how to do a manual installation of the files
          and where and what to manually enter in the registry?

          Am I correct that I need this software to upload my PWS readings to
          Weather Underground? Or is there some other method? Heavy Weather
          Publisher doesn't seem to have the sort of functionality needed to
          do this, and I'm not whippy enough to write anything that would
          compile and format the url data that WU requires to make it work.

          Thanks for any assistance! Looks like a great group.

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
            Patrick,

            I have created a special version for you. We will have to figure out
            a way around your install lock ups later.

            For now, goto the files area of this group. Download WUHU214.zip.
            Unzip the contents to C:\Program Files\WUHU. Run the
            RegisterStuff.cmd file that will be in the C:\Program Files\WUHU
            directory. This batch file with register 3 ActiveX objects. There are
            no other settings in the registry.

            At that point, you will have to manually add WUHU.EXE to your startup
            folder so that it starts up automatically after a reboot.

            Run WUHU.EXE to run the program for the first time.