Heavy Weather Publisher Conflicts

  • shiverkc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
      This is probably not the correct place to post this question, but I
      didn't know of another group. I am running Windows XP Service Pack
      2. I am running Wuhu with Heavy Weather. I have been having
      conflicts with the Heavy Weather Publisher and the Firewall. With
      Wuhu, I was able to give an exception to the software and
      communications have been fine since. However, this does not work with
      Publisher. With the Firewall off all is good. With it on, no
      communications.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated.

      Kenneth
      kcshiver@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
        What type of firewall is it? Hardware, software?

        If software, make sure that the program has not been blocked from
        Internet access in the past. Some firewalls pop up when you are
        typing and you miss the blocking message.

        I believe that Publisher should be using outbound port 21 (FTP).

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "shiverkc"
        <kcshiver@i...> wrote:

        > This is probably not the correct place to post this question, but I
        > didn't know of another group. I am running Windows XP Service Pack
        > 2. I am running Wuhu with Heavy Weather. I have been having
        > conflicts with the Heavy Weather Publisher and the Firewall. With
        > Wuhu, I was able to give an exception to the software and
        > communications have been fine since. However, this does not work
        with
        > Publisher. With the Firewall off all is good. With it on, no
        > communications.
        >
        > Any thoughts would be appreciated.
        >
        > Kenneth
        > kcshiver@i...

      • Kenneth Shiver
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 8, 2006
          I am using the software Firewall that comes with XP.   Recently I upgraded to Service Pack 2,  it appears to be more finicky than the firewall under Service Pack 1.

          I have explicitly given an exception port 21, but it didn't help.  I've got to check the log and a few other things.  Maybe something will pop up.

          Kenneth