WUHU 1.0.12

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2005
      I had noticed that there was a race condition between the start up of
      HeavyWeather and WUHU where erroneous data was uploaded to the weather
      servers.

      This condition only occurred at boot time or when HeavyWeather was re-
      started but WUHU was not.

      The program now waits until the HeavyWeather data has settled before
      data is uploaded.
    • david wynn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005

        Hi all

        With my station I am continually recording temps that are around 6 degrees higher than the local met office that is less than a kilometre away. I originally had the sensor up a mast around 3 metres from ground level and have since moved it down to around 1.5m off the ground and enclosed the sensor within a plastic milk crate shrouded with 1 layer of 90% white shade cloth but the daytime temps are consistently higher at around the same temp difference.

        Does anyone have any ideas short of dropping the whole thing off its mast and relocating the sensor, mast  and instruments into a less than desirable location the will affect all the other sensors? Im using a 2310 in wireless mode

        Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

        david

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
          David,

          I mounted my temperature/humidity sensor under the eve of my house.
          I also built a radiation shield. I modeled mine after the one
          shown under this link: http://www.wxqa.com/shields.html Also, CWOP
          has a page on radiation shields http://www.wxqa.com/shields.html

          Even with the radiation shield, and keeping it out of the direct
          sunlight, I am still seeing readings that are a couple of degrees
          higher than surrounding stations at times. It did improve my readings
          that were about the same as yours (6 degrees or higher).

          Personally, I do not think a radiation shield will cure the problem
          100% if it is explosed to direct sunlight, but I could be wrong.

          One final thing you might consider, I have noticed that some of the
          radiation shields offered by Davis also use a small fan (solar
          powered I believe) to keep the radiation shield vented. If you have a
          power outlet nearby, you could add a small DC fan.

          I have considered adding a temperature offset to WUHU to correct
          the problem. That would be fine except that would skew the other
          readings such as dewpoint, windchill, that come from the unit. I made
          add offsets for all these values if push comes to shove. Any ideas?

          Let me know if I can help.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "david wynn"
          <dgwynn@b...> wrote:

          > Hi all
          > With my station I am continually recording temps that are around 6
          degrees
          > higher than the local met office that is less than a kilometre
          away. I
          > originally had the sensor up a mast around 3 metres from ground
          level and
          > have since moved it down to around 1.5m off the ground and enclosed
          the
          > sensor within a plastic milk crate shrouded with 1 layer of 90%
          white shade
          > cloth but the daytime temps are consistently higher at around the
          same temp
          > difference.
          > Does anyone have any ideas short of dropping the whole thing off
          its mast
          > and relocating the sensor, mast and instruments into a less than
          desirable
          > location the will affect all the other sensors? Im using a 2310 in
          wireless
          > mode
          > Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
          > david

          subject=Unsubscribe>

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 12, 2005
            Sorry,

            I meant to post this link to the radiation shield that I modeled mine
            after.

            http://weather.overflow.net.au/station/stevenson.html