Re: history.dat ws3600

  • Joe Shupe
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm having the same problem the Strtosferric was having. I have a
      WS3610, and have been unable to get WUHU to read the history.dat file
      for at least three months (maybe longer). I have tried everything
      mentioned to Stratosferric, with no luck. WUHU just has on "OFL" in
      every current filed. I have no corrupt data in the history.dat file
      (which I have reset several times). The WUHU log lists something like
      this every time it tries to read history.dat:

      Mon Dec 04 21:45:51 2006 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
      console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.

      No problems reading currdat.lst. I would just like to have the gust
      appear properly on wunderground.

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
        Joe,

        I am not sure what is going on with that. The same routines that
        detect changes in currdat.lst are used for history.dat.

        To change to history.dat mode, you would hit stop, select WS36XX
        history.dat mode, then change the file that is monitored by hitting
        the 'Change' button (you have to change the file because currdat.lst
        will be specified until you change it), select the history.dat that
        HW Pro is writing to, hit 'Start'.

        I have never used HW Pro to communicate with the console however
        somewhere in the application there is probably a setting to tell how
        often items should be written to history.dat. If possible, I would
        set that value to 1 minute.

        If HW Pro is not writing the file, WUHU cannot detect the changes.

        Verify that HW Pro is writing the history.dat that you are specifying
        in WUHU. Explore to that location, sort by modification date, and you
        should see the last write time change as HW Pro writes to the file.

        If anyone out there does have WUHU monitoring the HW Pro history.dat
        successfully, let us know if there are any tricks to setting it up
        correctly.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Shupe"
        <joeshupe@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm having the same problem the Strtosferric was having. I have a
        > WS3610, and have been unable to get WUHU to read the history.dat
        file
        > for at least three months (maybe longer). I have tried everything
        > mentioned to Stratosferric, with no luck. WUHU just has on "OFL" in
        > every current filed. I have no corrupt data in the history.dat file
        > (which I have reset several times). The WUHU log lists something
        like
        > this every time it tries to read history.dat:
        >
        > Mon Dec 04 21:45:51 2006 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
        > console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
        >
        > No problems reading currdat.lst. I would just like to have the gust
        > appear properly on wunderground.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks

        > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
        > >

        > > Stratosferric,
        > >
        > > Can you tell me what was reported in the rainfall data that was
        not
        > > correct?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stratosferric"
        > > <stratosferric@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > just to update i have got it working now history1.dat!!! but
        its
        > > > giving me false rainfall readings so am going to revert back to
        > > > current data
        > > >
        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stratosferric"

        > > > C:\Program
        > > and

        > > > updated

        > > your

      • utahweatherbear
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2006
          WUHU you are correct that under "Extras" - "Options" in HW Pro there
          is a "Recording Interval" drop-down menu. I have that set at the
          minimum time, 1 minute. Another drop-down menu is "Recording History
          File", which is set at: C:\Program Files\HeavyWeather\history.dat

          Down a bit lower under "History Files Directory"it is set at:
          C:\Program Files\HeavyWeather

          His setup may be a bit different, but maybe that will help. Of course
          he has to match that directory in WUHU in the "Input" section under
          "General Settings" as you pointed out.

          dan

          > Joe,
          >
          > I am not sure what is going on with that. The same routines that
          > detect changes in currdat.lst are used for history.dat.
          >
          > To change to history.dat mode, you would hit stop, select WS36XX
          > history.dat mode, then change the file that is monitored by hitting
          > the 'Change' button (you have to change the file because currdat.lst
          > will be specified until you change it), select the history.dat that
          > HW Pro is writing to, hit 'Start'.
          >
          > I have never used HW Pro to communicate with the console however
          > somewhere in the application there is probably a setting to tell how
          > often items should be written to history.dat. If possible, I would
          > set that value to 1 minute.
          >
          > If HW Pro is not writing the file, WUHU cannot detect the changes.
          >
          > Verify that HW Pro is writing the history.dat that you are specifying
          > in WUHU. Explore to that location, sort by modification date, and you
          > should see the last write time change as HW Pro writes to the file.
          >
          > If anyone out there does have WUHU monitoring the HW Pro history.dat
          > successfully, let us know if there are any tricks to setting it up
          > correctly.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Shupe"
          > <joeshupe@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I'm having the same problem the Strtosferric was having. I have a
          > > WS3610, and have been unable to get WUHU to read the history.dat
          > file
          > > for at least three months (maybe longer). I have tried everything
          > > mentioned to Stratosferric, with no luck. WUHU just has on "OFL" in
          > > every current filed. I have no corrupt data in the history.dat file
          > > (which I have reset several times). The WUHU log lists something
          > like
          > > this every time it tries to read history.dat:
          > >
          > > Mon Dec 04 21:45:51 2006 > Failed to retrieve weather data from
          > > console. Possible invalid/corrupt data detected.
          > >
          > > No problems reading currdat.lst. I would just like to have the gust
          > > appear properly on wunderground.
          > >
          > > Any help would be appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks

          > > <wuhu_software@> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Stratosferric,
          > > >
          > > > Can you tell me what was reported in the rainfall data that was
          > not
          > > > correct?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks.
          > > >

          > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "stratosferric"

          > its

          > file
          > > > and
          > just

          > the

          > file
          > > > your

        • Joe Shupe
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2006
            Thanks WUHU!  My problem was that I didn't change the input file.  I thought that setting was only to write a new currdat.lst file.  It should have been obvious to me.

            Best regards,

            Joe Shupe

            --- In wuhu_software_ group@yahoogroup s.com, "wuhu_software"