can not install new version

  • ai4sb
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      Ok, I got Windows Xp and IE7 and when I click on install 1 minute pass
      nothing, 3 minutes nothing and 5 minutes nothing...

      I retry again and the same thing is happening....

      does anyone else with Windows xp having the same problem???

      miguel, ai4sb
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        Miguel,

        I have seen this in the past.

        I am using an older version of installshield (that makes the
        install.exe file). Installshield is apparently attempting to access
        some critical resource that is being held by some other program.

        On my machine, sometimes Microsoft Outlook does not close completely
        (I close it but it is still in the task list, so it did not really
        quit). If I kill Outlook.exe in the task list, the install program
        takes off.

        Until that critical resource is free, the install will not run.

        Try doing a fresh reboot then run the install to see if that corrects
        the problem.

        Thanks.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
          Miguel,
          I have Windows XP and I was able to download and install the new
          version.
          I do not use Outlook!

          steve
        • ai4sb
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
            then outlook is the problem,, let me un-install it and give it a try

            thanks to everyone

            miguel,ai4sb

            <steve_03222@...> wrote:

            > Miguel,
            > I have Windows XP and I was able to download and install the new
            > version.
            > I do not use Outlook!
            >
            > steve

          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
              It is always good practice to reboot just before installing software,
              then install the software with out starting anything after the reboot.
              Takes care of these pesky problems :]