Re: anomalies with my wind indication

  • John
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
      One thing I did notice is that the direction indicator never
      changed. Yes, winds have been very calm here. So I "nudged" the
      direction vainaround a bit. It seems to be working OK now. At this
      time, I would guess that it got stuck in a position that created the
      14 mph reading. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. -
      John

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mike_swe_seattle"
      <mike.christianson@...> wrote:

      > You're not alone, my father-in-law
      > <http://franksweather.blessednotlucky.com/> is experiencing the
      same
      > problem with the LaCrosse 2315. In fact, we have a short history
      here
      > in this group

      > with this problem.
      >
      > Today is an especially bad day, as seen in today's 4.5 hours of
      phantom
      > 14mph wind gusts
      > <http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?
      ID=KWAENU\
      > MC4&month=12&day=3&year=2006#normal_date_select> .
      >
      > Obviously, the toroid LaCrosse sent

      > isn't working. He's going to contact them again...
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "John Angell" <kb7lyd@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I am using the cheep LaCrosse 2308 weather station. I have been
      > getting
      > > anomalies with my wind indication. Specifically reading a
      consistent
      > 14 mph
      > > wind. Temps here have been below freezing, so not sure if this is
      > creating
      > > an issue. Has anyone else had this problem or are there any
      comments
      > on
      > > resolving this. Thanks! John @ Rainbow Springs near Granite
      Falls, WA

      > > John Angell
      > > Kirkland Billing

    • mike_swe_seattle
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 8, 2006
        Thanks, I passed your message along to him.  Don't know if he's tried anything but he did give LaCrosse another call.  Here's what he wrote me about it:
        "just talked to trouble desk at lacrosse.  They are e-mailing meinfo on shielding the anemometer/ and, if it is something I dont wantto do-I can mail it in to them and they will shield it for us.  Verypolite they were.  First thing the gal asked was, did the toroid makeany difference.  Obviously, they have kept some record of the machine!"
        Will let you all know if anything changes...
      • mike_swe_seattle
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2007
          Update:

          We decided not to do any "surgery" on the equipment and sent in the anemometor and the cable.  About two weeks later, they sent back a new one with coax cabling.  We haven't had any problems since then.  We're guessing it's to do with the shielding of the cable.

          Anyone else that is having the wind gust problem ought to make a polite phone call to LaCrosse and see if they can do the same.