Support for AWEKAS Weather Network ?

  • awekas17
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
      Hello !

      I am the Operator of the Real Time Weather Network AWEKAS.
      http://www.awekas.at
      Is is possible that our software also supports AWEKAS ?
      If its possible i can post further infos for data transfer.

      Still the Heavy Weather users have to upload the currdat.lst file on
      her website. AWEKAS get it from there.
      A second reason is to send datas to AWEKAS info a htlm get string.
      temporyry there is no Heavy Weather Software for it. (only Weather
      Display and WSWIN supports this transfer method)

      Greetings from Europe
      Othmar
      Operator of AWEKAS Weather Network
      www.awekas.at
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
        Othmar,

        Post the details of how to upload using an html get string and I
        will take a look at it.

        Thanks.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17" <mail@a...>
        wrote:

        > Hello !
        >
        > I am the Operator of the Real Time Weather Network AWEKAS.
        > http://www.awekas.at
        > Is is possible that our software also supports AWEKAS ?
        > If its possible i can post further infos for data transfer.
        >
        > Still the Heavy Weather users have to upload the currdat.lst file
        on
        > her website. AWEKAS get it from there.
        > A second reason is to send datas to AWEKAS info a htlm get string.
        > temporyry there is no Heavy Weather Software for it. (only Weather
        > Display and WSWIN supports this transfer method)
        >
        > Greetings from Europe
        > Othmar
        > Operator of AWEKAS Weather Network
        > www.awekas.at

      • Charles M. Owen
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
          All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07, I have not
          been able to transmit.

          The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!

          I even tried to use the 141 version.\

          Charles
        • Charles M. Owen
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
            I think weather underground went down at 13:30 EST!!!! Hangs the send to WU
            and then no send to CWOP? Am I crazy?

            All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07, I have not
            been able to transmit.

            The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!

            I even tried to use the 141 version.\

            Charles

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • M S
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
              Weather UnderGround is out of service here in Colorado Also.

              ...MARK...

              "Charles M. Owen" <CMOwen@...> wrote:
              I think weather underground went down at 13:30 EST!!!! Hangs the send to WU
              and then no send to CWOP? Am I crazy?

              All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07, I have not
              been able to transmit.

              The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!

              I even tried to use the 141 version.\

              Charles

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Reply to:  Mark@...

              Yahoo! Photos

            • spalacheck@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
                okay peeps, what's the deal..... I can't upload either.... We need some answers please....????

                Why is Wunder down? and how long will be it be before they're back up?

                Message 7 of 21 , Jan 7, 2006
                  All,

                  I came home about an hour ago and found my machine in the same state.

                  I was able to debug during the WU server problem.

                  What I found was WU sending an endless stream of error messages after
                  a 'GET' request was sent to them. I have no clue what happened on
                  their end.

                  To address the potential problem, I have modifed WUHU (version 142)
                  so that it will only allow their server to respond upto 4 times.

                  Sorry about the problems, this is the first time I have seen it.

                  Thanks.

                  Download page:

                  http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Charles M. Owen"
                  <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

                  > All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07, I
                  have not
                  > been able to transmit.
                  >
                  > The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!
                  >
                  > I even tried to use the 141 version.\
                  >
                  > Charles

                • CRAIG GROSBY
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jan 9, 2006
                    I downloaded the new version 142 and it is still not downloading the data.
                    Is it still possible that there is a problem with the WU site?

                    Craig Grosby
                    cgrosby@...

                    From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@...>
                    To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Will not transmit?
                    Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:22:55 -0000

                    <CMOwen@a...> wrote:

                    > All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07, I
                    have not
                    > been able to transmit.
                    >
                    > The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!
                    >
                    > I even tried to use the 141 version.\
                    >
                    > Charles

                  • garybalbach
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 9, 2006
                      Craig,

                      I had the same problem, I have my station running on an old Dell
                      PIII 500 megahertz machine running Windows Server 2003. Everything
                      would upload fine until wunderground freaked on Saturday. Once they
                      were back up the only way I could get WUHU to send was to turn off
                      the Windows firewall (very simlar to the one in Windows XP Service
                      pack 2. I tried all kinds of exclusions and settings but the only
                      way to get it to talk was with the firewall off. I am guessing, and
                      this is just a big guess, is that whatever happened with
                      wunderground causing WUHU to loop logged something in the Windows
                      firewall and I guess there is some rule or setting somewhere that
                      got flipped so it is blocking the program...anyone else have any
                      other ideas?

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "CRAIG GROSBY"

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 9, 2006
                        Gary, Craig,

                        When the executable changes, most firewalls require a re-
                        authorization for that application.

                        Look through your firewall for a list of programs that have been
                        granted access to the Internet. Maybe delete WUHU from the list so
                        that you will be prompted the next time it attempts to access the
                        Internet.

                        I am not familiar with the built in XP fireall as I am using Windows
                        2000.

                        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "garybalbach" <gary@b...>
                        wrote:

                        > Craig,
                        >
                        > I had the same problem, I have my station running on an old Dell
                        > PIII 500 megahertz machine running Windows Server 2003. Everything
                        > would upload fine until wunderground freaked on Saturday. Once they
                        > were back up the only way I could get WUHU to send was to turn off
                        > the Windows firewall (very simlar to the one in Windows XP Service
                        > pack 2. I tried all kinds of exclusions and settings but the only
                        > way to get it to talk was with the firewall off. I am guessing, and
                        > this is just a big guess, is that whatever happened with
                        > wunderground causing WUHU to loop logged something in the Windows
                        > firewall and I guess there is some rule or setting somewhere that
                        > got flipped so it is blocking the program...anyone else have any
                        > other ideas?
                        >
                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "CRAIG GROSBY"
                        > <cgrosby@h...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I downloaded the new version 142 and it is still not downloading
                        > the data.
                        > > Is it still possible that there is a problem with the WU site?
                        > >

                        > > Craig Grosby
                        > > cgrosby@h...
                        > >

                        > > From: "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@y...>
                        > > To: wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com
                        > > Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Will not transmit?
                        > > Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:22:55 -0000
                        > >

                        > > All,
                        > >
                        > > I came home about an hour ago and found my machine in the same
                        > state.
                        > >
                        > > I was able to debug during the WU server problem.
                        > >
                        > > What I found was WU sending an endless stream of error messages
                        > after
                        > > a 'GET' request was sent to them. I have no clue what happened on
                        > > their end.
                        > >
                        > > To address the potential problem, I have modifed WUHU (version
                        142)
                        > > so that it will only allow their server to respond upto 4 times.
                        > >
                        > > Sorry about the problems, this is the first time I have seen it.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks.
                        > >
                        > > Download page:
                        > >
                        > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/
                        > >
                        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Charles M. Owen"
                        > > <CMOwen@a...> wrote:
                        > > >

                        > > > All of a sudden, I can't transmit. Since about 2pm 2006/01/07,
                        > > have not
                        > > > been able to transmit.
                        > > >
                        > > > The upload window beeps and just sits at "0/1"!
                        > > >
                        > > > I even tried to use the 141 version.\
                        > > >
                        > > > Charles

                      • Gary Balbach
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 9, 2006
                          Thanks but that isn't it, at least for my setup. See when WUHU started freaking out when
                          wunderground went down I shut down the server - normal safe shutdown. Brought it all
                          back up and waited to re-start WUHU until I found wunderground was working. Once it
                          was I fired wuhu back up and no uploading. I tried for a while with no luck until I tried
                          turning off the firewall and presto, worked fine. During all this I never changed the WUHU
                          program - I had v1.40 installed and didn't try changing it until I came across this problem.
                          I really think there is some log or setting somewhere in the XP/2003 firewall that locked
                          out the program because of the way it was behaving - and yes I did try removing and re-
                          adding the wuhu program in the firewall exception list with no luck with either 1.40 or
                          1.42. Very strange...

                          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" <wuhu_software@y...>

                          Message 12 of 21 , Jan 10, 2006

                            Gary,

                            Here is a page from MS that describes how to add a program to the list of those allowed to access the Internet.

                            If it is already in this list, remove it, then re-add it.

                            http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfexceptions.mspx

                            Let me know if that fixes it.

                          • Gary Balbach
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jan 10, 2006
                              Well I'll be...it worked! I swear I tried that before and it didn't
                              work, ahh well, it works now that's all I care. Thank you very much
                              for the tip. If anyone else has the same problem give the
                              intructions a whirl!

                              Gary

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jan 10, 2006
                                Gary,

                                Glad it worked.

                                It does not surprise me that it took a couple of times for it to
                                take, it is Windows after all.

                                Looking the built-in firewall over, it seems primitive in comparison
                                to Zone Alarm (the one I use).

                                <gary@b...> wrote:

                                > Well I'll be...it worked! I swear I tried that before and it didn't
                                > work, ahh well, it works now that's all I care. Thank you very much
                                > for the tip. If anyone else has the same problem give the
                                > intructions a whirl!
                                >
                                > Gary

                                > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Gary,
                                > >
                                > > Here is a page from MS that describes how to add a program to the
                                > list of those allowed to access the Internet.
                                > >
                                > > If it is already in this list, remove it, then re-add it.

                                http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfexce
                                > ptions.mspx
                                > >
                                > > Let me know if that fixes it.
                                > >
                                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Balbach"
                                > <gary@b...> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > Thanks but that isn't it, at least for my setup. See when WUHU
                                > started freaking out when
                                > > > wunderground went down I shut down the server - normal safe
                                > shutdown. Brought it all
                                > > > back up and waited to re-start WUHU until I found wunderground
                                > was working. Once it
                                > > > was I fired wuhu back up and no uploading. I tried for a while
                                > with no luck until I tried
                                > > > turning off the firewall and presto, worked fine. During all
                                > this I never changed the WUHU
                                > > > program - I had v1.40 installed and didn't try changing it
                                until
                                > I came across this problem.
                                > > > I really think there is some log or setting somewhere in the
                                > XP/2003 firewall that locked
                                > > > out the program because of the way it was behaving - and yes I
                                > did try removing and re-
                                > > > adding the wuhu program in the firewall exception list with no
                                > luck with either 1.40 or
                                > > > 1.42. Very strange...

                                > wuhu_software@y...

                                > been
                                > list so
                                > the

                                > Windows

                                > gary@b...

                                > Dell
                                > Everything
                                > Once they
                                > turn off
                                > Service
                                > only
                                > guessing, and
                                > Windows
                                > that
                                > any

                                > downloading
                                > site?

                                > same

                                > messages
                                > happened on

                                > (version
                                > times.

                                > seen it.

                                > Owen"

                                > 2006/01/07,

                              • stevech
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 10, 2006

                                  If you have a router or wireless router between your PC and your cable modem or DSL modem, most people agree that you can safely disable Windows firewall.

                                  I do.

                                  Here is a page from MS that describes how to add a program to the list of those allowed to access the Internet.

                                  If it is already in this list, remove it, then re-add it.

                                  http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfexceptions.mspx

                                  Let me know if that fixes it.

                                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com , "Gary Balbach" <gary@b...> wrote:

                                  > Thanks but that isn't it, at least for my setup. See when
                                  w:st="on">WUHU started freaking out when
                                  > wunderground went down I shut down the server - normal safe shutdown.
                                  Brought it all
                                  > back up and waited to re-start WUHU
                                  until I found wunderground was working. Once it
                                  > was I fired wuhu
                                  back up and no uploading. I tried for a while with no luck until I tried
                                  > turning off the firewall and presto, worked fine. During all this I never
                                  changed the WUHU

                                • awekas17
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 12, 2006
                                    Can you send me an mail to my email mail@... from your mail
                                    address. the file description sould not be public viewable. i will
                                    send you a mail with data types and url string descritipion.

                                    Thanks
                                    Othmar

                                    <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:

                                    > Othmar,
                                    >
                                    > Post the details of how to upload using an html get string and I
                                    > will take a look at it.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks.
                                    >
                                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17" <mail@a...>
                                    > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hello !
                                    > >
                                    > > I am the Operator of the Real Time Weather Network AWEKAS.
                                    > > http://www.awekas.at
                                    > > Is is possible that our software also supports AWEKAS ?
                                    > > If its possible i can post further infos for data transfer.
                                    > >
                                    > > Still the Heavy Weather users have to upload the currdat.lst file
                                    > on
                                    > > her website. AWEKAS get it from there.
                                    > > A second reason is to send datas to AWEKAS info a htlm get string.
                                    > > temporyry there is no Heavy Weather Software for it. (only
                                    Weather
                                    > > Display and WSWIN supports this transfer method)
                                    > >
                                    > > Greetings from Europe
                                    > > Othmar
                                    > > Operator of AWEKAS Weather Network
                                    > > www.awekas.at

                                  • awekas17
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 15, 2006
                                      I have still get no mail !? Please send me your address Thanks
                                      Othmar

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 15, 2006
                                        Othmar,

                                        I had emailed you on mail@... Apparently you did not receive it.

                                        Send me an email at wuhu_software@...

                                        wrote:

                                        > I have still get no mail !? Please send me your address Thanks
                                        > Othmar
                                        >
                                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17" <mail@a...>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Can you send me an mail to my email mail@a... from your mail
                                        > > address. the file description sould not be public viewable. i
                                        will
                                        > > send you a mail with data types and url string descritipion.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks
                                        > > Othmar

                                        > > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
                                        > > >

                                        > > > Othmar,
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Post the details of how to upload using an html get string
                                        and
                                        > > > will take a look at it.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Thanks.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17"
                                        > <mail@a...>

                                        > file
                                        > > > on
                                        > string.
                                        > > Weather

                                      • awekas17
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 17, 2006
                                          Have you get my Mail ?

                                          Othmar

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Jan 17, 2006
                                            Hello Othmar,

                                            Yes, I did receive the email.

                                            I have not been able to start working on it, but I do have a couple
                                            questions, I will contact you via email.

                                            wrote:

                                            > Have you get my Mail ?
                                            >
                                            > Othmar

                                            > <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > Othmar,
                                            > >
                                            > > I had emailed you on mail@a... Apparently you did not receive it.
                                            > >
                                            > > Send me an email at wuhu_software@c...
                                            > >
                                            > > Thanks.
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17"
                                            <mail@a...>
                                            > > wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I have still get no mail !? Please send me your address Thanks
                                            > > > Othmar
                                            > > >
                                            > > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "awekas17"
                                            > <mail@a...>

                                            > > will

                                            > > and

                                            > > > <mail@a...>

                                            AWEKAS.

                                            > currdat.lst
                                            > > > file
                                            > > > string.
                                            (only

                                          • H. Smith
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Jan 17, 2006
                                              Yes, Othmar, I just sent another message this morning.

                                              I think your spam filter is blocking me!

                                              awekas17 <mail@...> wrote:
                                              Have you get my Mail ?

                                              Othmar