Re: New to the group

  • shiverkc
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
      I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
      experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
      Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
      file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
      software.

      Kenneth

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
      similar
      > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
      with the
      > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
      > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
      software)
      > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
      set
      > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it?
      Or

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
        Oops, missed the (on the software)...

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "shiverkc"
        <kcshiver@i...> wrote:

        > I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
        > experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
        > Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
        > file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
        > software.
        >
        > Kenneth
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
        > similar
        > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
        > with the
        > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
        > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
        > software)
        > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
        > set
        > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
        it?
        > Or
        > > is my software in a time warp?
        > >
        > > Still learning!
        > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
        > > KE5DDZ

      • joedzz12345
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 6, 2006
          Hello Albuquerque, I just got a WS-2310 and noticed the same problem.
          I installed the Heavy Weather program off of the CD. I decided to
          "uninstall" that program, and download
          "Heavyweather2beta_setup_us.exe" from this group's website:

          http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/

          With this installation of Heavy Weather I get the correct date.
          Additionally, the WUHU program is uploading perfectly to Weather
          Underground.

          http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNMALBUQ30

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
          > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work with the
          > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
          > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the software)
          > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
          > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it? Or
          > is my software in a time warp?
          >
          > Still learning!
          > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
          > KE5DDZ

        • William Shaughnessy
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 8, 2006
            I believe your history files are probably like mine with the WS2310 station. All history data is recorded in Zulu time or GMT. So my local EST is five hours behind ZULU. If Albuquerque is on Mountain Time, ZULU time is 7 hours ahead of you. So your temperature of 2:00pm local time will be recorded as 9:00 pm on your historical data.

            Bill

            wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

            Did you set your timezone at Weather Underground?

            Just a thought.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            >    I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special - similar
            > to the WS-2315) for Christmas.  I'm still learning how to work with
            the
            > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
            >    I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
            software)
            > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all set
            > correctly.  Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix it?  Or
            > is my software in a time warp?
            >
            >    Still learning!
            > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
            > KE5DDZ

          • letitsnow824
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 12, 2006
              I noticed the same thing...but it wasn't quite a day, it is 5 hours.
              What's weird is that the heavyweather history lists the readings with
              the correct time...its only when I use publisher. Don't know hoe ti
              fix it yet...
            • Paula
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                Thanks, I'll have to double check that. But from what I remember
                (I'm at work now, the set up is a home) the software was showing a
                full 24 hours ahead... the right local time, just the next day. And
                I haven't even had it connetcted to the Internet yet (to answer the
                other, earlier question/suggestion that was posed).
                But I will double check the GMT situation... I have one of my clocks
                in that room set to GMT (in a 24 hour format), so that will be easy
                to check.
                Thanks!
                ~Paula
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, William Shaughnessy
                <wjshaughnessy@s...> wrote:

                > I believe your history files are probably like mine with the WS2310
                station. All history data is recorded in Zulu time or GMT. So my
                local EST is five hours behind ZULU. If Albuquerque is on Mountain
                Time, ZULU time is 7 hours ahead of you. So your temperature of
                2:00pm local time will be recorded as 9:00 pm on your historical data.

                > Bill
                >

                > wuhu_software <wuhu_software@y...> wrote:
                >
                > Did you set your timezone at Weather Underground?
                >
                > Just a thought.
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
                wrote:

                > > Hi,
                > >
                > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
                similar
                > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
                with
                > the
                > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
                > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
                > software)
                > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
                set
                > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
                it? Or
                > > is my software in a time warp?
                > >
                > > Still learning!
                > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
                > > KE5DDZ

                > Weather underground Personal weather station Weather
                stations Standard edition

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

              • Paula
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                  Oh that is so good to know!! Thank you. I haven't had time to get
                  that far yet. But in time, I will, so that is great to hear.
                  Thanks for the info!
                  ~Paula
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  <kcshiver@i...> wrote:

                  > I got the same weather station over Christmas as well. I am
                  > experiencing the same problem when I view the history via the Heavy
                  > Weather Software. However, I noticed that when I export the text
                  > file the time stamps are correct. It does not affect the publisher
                  > software.
                  >
                  > Kenneth
                  >

                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Paula" <ke5ddz@a...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > I just received teh LaCrosse WS-2317 (Sam's Club special -
                  > similar
                  > > to the WS-2315) for Christmas. I'm still learning how to work
                  > with the
                  > > software (Heavy Weather beta 2.0).
                  > > I noticed yesterday, that when I view the history (on the
                  > software)
                  > > it's a day fast, yet my weather station and my computer are all
                  > set
                  > > correctly. Has anyone else experienced this? How would I fix
                  it?
                  > Or
                  > > is my software in a time warp?
                  > >
                  > > Still learning!
                  > > Paula in Albuquerque, NM
                  > > KE5DDZ

                • Paula
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 19, 2006
                    Ah... More excellent advice! Thanks!!! I appreciate your input so
                    much. Hey... we have a local weatherman named Joe Diaz... sounds
                    related to your screen name - Any connection? Just wondering.
                    Thanks a bunch... I'll try your suggestion.

                    ~Paula

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "joedzz12345"